Kimber

Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Kimber Micro Carry

Has anybody noticed the Micro Carry that was added to the Kimber site at the beginning of the year? I believe it was debuted at the 2011 shot show and from what I recently read is scheduled for release in January 2014. I'm not a fan of the .380 but I'd probably pick up the stainless version if I saw it in my LGS.

Remove Ads
Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 PM

It's a pricey 380. But pretty. I owned a few colt mustangs over the years.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:41 AM

I saw it at the shot show this year. Nice looking gun, about the size of the Ruger LPC. If my memory serves me right smaller than a Sig P-238. I like the .380s pocket guns, for ease of carrying and concealing. Living in Las Vegas general uniforim of the day is shorts and tee-shirts most days. The Sig is my favorite for carry and use a Remora clipless holster.
The Micro is a little late coming to the party. I have two Ruger LPC's one Sig P-238 Equonix and a Kel-Tec P3At. in .380.
Last April I found a Solo CDP LC that I have wanted since introduction a few years ago. I wish I had listened to all of the bad revues, they have come true.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

I was thinking exactly that, an easily concealable gun for those hot summer days, also make a good back up gun. I wonder why Kimber showcases new products 2 years before they're ready to go into production?

Old 10-13-2013, 01:20 PM

Good question! I think there a day late and a dollar short on this. Every gun manufacture got on this band wagon years ago. If its like the Solo (hopefully not for Kimber) it will be a few years before they are readily available. Then will it have good reviews. I think that the Solo has hurt the Kimber name. Mixed reviews mostly bad, good looking gun but not reliable, it requires premium 124 or 147 grain ammo, and it still has failures to eject Other manufacturs do not. My Kel-Tec ( that I dislike) eats anything goes bang every time, and cost me about $1000.00 less.
I wish that I had listened to all the bad posts..........
Old 10-13-2013, 01:39 PM

More info on the Micro. Kimbers price list as of January 1, 2013 (received at the shot show) lists the Micro CDP having a retail price of $1121.00 almost twice that of a Sig P238. The Micro CDP LG retails for $1406.00
The Solo CDP LG retails at 1223.00 almost $200.00 less.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
More info on the Micro. Kimbers price list as of January 1, 2013 (received at the shot show) lists the Micro CDP having a retail price of $1121.00 almost twice that of a Sig P238. The Micro CDP LG retails for $1406.00
The Solo CDP LG retails at 1223.00 almost $200.00 less.
Kimbers website lists the Micro Carry Stainless for $679.00, for the $442.00 savings I can live without the night sights, two tone finish, fancy grips and ambi safety.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:05 PM

I have to question the need for a premium priced deep concealment gun. They are prone to rust/corrosion from body sweat and extreme wear conditions similar to a duty gun. When I can have two LCP's for the price of one Micro Carry, and I have very little to worry about, maintenance wise, why bother?
I like my Ultra Carry. Probably the best 45 I will ever own. I don't need to supplement it with another expensive piece.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
Old 10-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad we're having this discussion, when I bought my handguns concealed carry was the last thing on my mind. Concealed carry and everything that pertains to it is new to me. I live in the last state to allow concealed carry and while it is now law we can't expect the first permits to be issued until sometime in the first quarter of next year. Until recently I never owned a holster, this is all a new game for me so I appreciate your comments.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:03 PM

Chuck, Your Stainless Micro Retails at $679.00, Dealers Cost on it is $564.00 and if he is a master Kimber dealer he will pay $499.00.....
If you were to go With a Sig P-238 Equinox You would get the night sights ETC. I paid about $650.00 for mine, and love it. I carry it daily in a Remora clipless holster. I have never had a problem. No stovepipes, FTE, FTF's. I wish I spent the Solo money on Sig's P938.
The Kimber Micro is the same weight and barrel size 2.7" as the Ruger LCP. Most of the gun show dealers are selling the LPC for about $250 to $279.00.

Search tags for this page
kimber 380
kimber micro
kimber micro 380

kimber micro carry

kimber micro carry for sale
kimber micro carry release date

kimber micro carry review

kimber micro cdp