Does your K6 do this? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2017, 08:27 PM   #1

Does your K6 do this?

Well had my K6s out on the range today and as usual she shot great. I got home and cleaned it up,upon doing so after closing the cylinder noticed the crane has some slight movement when closed.

What I mean is if I put pressure on the cylinder when it's closed the crane will move ever so slightly away from the frame,and I mean barely. But enough to feel as in you can push it back towards the frame when like when your closing it.

I love this gun. My LGS has a used one with the blue grips and bright polished finish. I'm going to in tomorrow and look her over. More than likey put it on layaway. I've never bought two of the same gun before but I think I will with the K6. So believe me I'm not knocking it at all. Just wanting to know if this is normal?

I had a smith and wesson that did this and was because the ejector rod had unscrews itself. Does the K6 ejector rod screw in place? I don't want to go messing with it,but. Would appreciate any feedback from other K6 owners thanks.
wheelgunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #2

Hard to say, still not seen one in person around here.
Chuck43 likes this.

Gold Combat LE
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Pro 9mm
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #3

All the revolvers I own have some degree of "free play" new ones and old ones. I say it is normal and wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse.

Gold Combat LE
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Pro 9mm
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #4

Thanks guys it's a great gun. Maybe I'm spoiled by my old Colts. Love me K6s though.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #5

I'm not sure about the specific question you've asked? I was able to hold and pull the trigger of one of these babies at the range today and was really impressed. As far as double action revolvers go the trigger was about the smoothest and cleanest breaking stock set up I've ever felt. I was also surprised just how the "thin" she seemed, wow! These are nice revolvers :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #6

I have two. If the crane is the peace that the ejectorrod run thru both mine have no movement at all. If that is not the Crain please tell me what is and will check both.
Turned down one of the first Colt Cobras to get my second one. I think I did good.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #7

Cousinmark I was askinng iif some play in my K6's crane is normal. Not front to back play but side to side play. When I push on the cylinder front the right like if I'm opening it when it closed in the frame,I can feel and see a very tiny amount of movement.

This is very very slight. I've had S&W's that have don't this as well. Was just wondering if it was normal for the K6?
cousinmark likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #8

I'm not certain on that wheelgunguy? I was only wanting to comment on the overall feel of the revolver (nice) without moving this thread down. I would suggest calling Kimber on this though? Generally speaking it doesn't sound right? I'm sure there is an "acceptable" amount of movement in the cylinder but I don't believe it should be noticeable like you've described. I am far from being a revolver expert and this is just my thought. I'd call Yonkers.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #9

Let me jump in. My K6s has a few hundred rounds through it and with regard to any "play" or movement.
Closed,
There is a tiny bit of rotational cylinder movement.
There is a just barely, and I mean barely perceptible cylinder movement forward and back.
There is no crane movement at all when putting pressure on the cylinder.

I just compared the above with my SP101 and S&W 640Pro and both of them exhibited far more movement than the Kimber but one must consider rounds fired.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #10

It's a brand new gun only 200 rounds all 357's through it.