Kimber Forum - View Single Post - 1/25/16 range report :-)
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
cousinmark

1/25/16 range report :-)

Well my Micro made it back from Kimber last week, I was out of town so couldn't try her out till today. I had night sights installed as well as a good checking as there were various bugs, Kimber had her for about 2 1/2 weeks. I had ordered some ammo ( the Foicchi that has worked well) this must be a different series as it came in a red box. The pic on the website was the blue box ( said the pic may not be accurate ) but as it was listed at 95gr FMJ I presumed it was the same stuff I'd used. On the Kimber packing slip it states that they:
...replaced recoil spring and slide stop
...reamed and polished the barrel chamber
...refinished the barrel
...adjusted the extractor
...test fired 3 mags of Pierce 100gr RNHB and 1 mag of Winchester Train and Defend 95gr

Things went really well, the sights are well worth it for me. As far as shooting I ran 100 rounds of the red box FMJ with zero problems, 50 of the Fiocchi blue box basic hollow points, I think it was 90gr which shot well but did have 2 fail to feed the first round when dropping the slide. Chambered the round fine when using the slingshot method? This had happened previously with Winchester target ammo ( had a flat tip bullet as well )? The Fiocchi XTP ammo has never been a problem by the way. Did find that recoil spring bent afterwards.
Here's a few pics :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9500.JPG (3.01 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9501.JPG (3.49 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (93.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (100.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (144.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by cousinmark; 01-25-2016 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add info
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote