Kimber Talk Forums banner

Cheapo ammo that works in my Solo

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Cucamonga kid 
#1 ·
FWIW, I've found that my Solo fires the following non-recommended ammo just fine (prices are what I bought it for on ammotogo.com):

Fiocchi 115gr. FMJ Ammo -- $200 per 1,000 rds

Speer Lawman 115gr. TMJ Ammo -- $240 per 1,000 rds

#10 · (Edited)
FWIW, I've found that my Solo fires the following non-recommended ammo

That's a bummer. Could be you're cleaning it too good and oiling it too well before going to the range. Sometimes also if you're shooting with a stiff wrist and proper grip it will case those same symptoms. Loosen your grip and shoot it dirty and dry and see if that doesn't fix the problem. If it still fires and cycles 115 gr properly send it in to Kimber and have it YONKERED. There's nothing they can't fix. Hang in there; we are all pulling for you.

#11 · (Edited)
FWIW, I've found that my Solo fires the following non-recommended ammo

That's a bummer. Could be you're cleaning it too good and oiling it too well before going to the range. Sometimes also if you'ere shooting with a stiff wrist and proper grip it will case those same symptoms. Loosen your grip and shoot it dirty and dry and see if that doesn't fix the problem. If it still fires and cycles 115 gr properly send it in to Kimber and have it YONKERED. There's nothing they can't fix. Hang in there; we are all pulling for you.
One more thing to try to get it stop firing those pesky 115 gr bullets. Mabey you're not putting enough oil into the striker channel. Pump it in there generously and the thicker the better(40 -60W). That should solve the problem for sure. You shouldn't have to suffer this inexcusable malfunction. The Solo is designed to not function reliably with 115gr ammo and the fact that it does is unacceptable. You should be able to trust your CCW 110% but a defect like this can definitely diminish you confidence in it. I hope I've been of some help. Forehead Chin Hairstyle Eyebrow Smile

Let us know how it works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.