Kimber Talk Forums banner

Range Report

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  glokrok 
#1 ·
First time at the range since Kimber returned my SS Raptor Pro 11. As they promised in came back in five weeks. They honed the barrel and replaced the recoil spring. I ran 50 rds of American FMJ through it. All went perfect using the Kim Pro Magazine. I had one FTF on the last shot using the basic mag. that came with the gun. The gun is dead on at 20ft. and I'm very pleased with how it shoots. My thought at this time is NO more basic magazine. I may even pick up a couple of Wilson mag's. In my opinion it's working fine and i will continue to break it in. As we all know the gun is very well balanced and easy to sight in and fire. All I did was make two circles on the target about eight inches in circumference and I had no problem keeping all rounds in them. I do not target shoot, I shoot center of mass as fast or slow as I'd like. I don't care if I can put each round on the same hole. This will never be a competition gun, just basic self defense. I carry it in the 9 0'clock position in a Comfort tuck IWB. Always at least one extra magazine in an opposite pocket, just in case "The Big Shoot" starts.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks all, I went to the station and shot on their range. It's old and a single lane but it's free and no time limit plus I can clean it after shooting and use their goop. And Jon I'll look those magazines up tonite on the computer. The department carries 40 cal so that stinks as I have to use my own ammo. I'll grab some more ammo and quit using the cheap mag and it should be perfect. What a fabulous firearm, oh and oh so pretty. And Zoomy, your welcome to borrow it anytime you'd like.

#21 ·
And Jon I'll look those magazines up tonite on the computer.
Snake15, here's the site for the magazines joes1911magmania.com. I found this guy a while back when looking for some 9mm magazines. I've since bought both 9mm and .45 mags from his and been very happy with the quality of them. Here is a thread where I did a comparison with a Kimber mag and one of Joe's. Joe does not manufacture these magazines, he lives very close to a big name magazine manufacture and buys their surplus (not seconds) stock.

Reactions: Marshall
#8 ·
No I'm serious Zoomy. Life's to short, when you find god friends theirs an honor that only us old timers understand. You know a mans word and all that. Only you buy the ammo. And, you can break it in for me, you sure can't hurt it. If you were left handed I'd send a holster also.

#12 ·
Doggone it now I'm jealous, that is a fantastic looking weapon. Are they still available with the bone grips or are they plastic now? That would complete my Kimber group. Maybe one of the wealthy guys on here would buy me one and buy you a Raptor, I think we deserve it, I know you do

#15 ·
Since I sold my CDP ultra I'm down to one unfortunately. I'd like to build up to a SIS and a Classic Carry Pro and I'm good. All four inch. After 30 years on the firearms unit I had enough of shooting and teaching. Now ownership is strictly for protection and shooting practice on my own.

#16 ·
Hmmmmm?

Would you go as far as to say that Kimber Customer Service met or exceeded your expectations as to how your Raptor should function?? That kind of reflects what I tell people who ask if they should send an ailing Kimber back to Customer Service!

All I can say is:

YOU DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULD!!

Reactions: Zoomybaby
#17 ·
My experience with Kimber was excellent. When I first called in they were concerned and wanted to know my problems with the gun. After a good talk they readily agreed to send a return form to my local GS for it to be sent in which was done. They said right up front they were behind and busy and the wait would be probably 4 to 6 weeks. I called just to check in at 4 weeks and was given a reference number and they said probably another week which it was and the GS called me and i picked it up. All calls to Kimber were professional and friendly. Never gave me a hard time just concern and helpful. I believe it's fixed properly and the problems remedied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.