Kimber Talk Forums banner

The safe queen got her time at the range...

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  glokrok 
#1 · (Edited)
I can't leave my queen out.
After convincing myself that putting aftermarket parts on a Harley was acceptable to me I think I've about overcome my reluctance to put aftermarket parts on my queen. Those grips l got before I ever paid her off just may see some daylight very soon.
7yrds 3 magazines supported 03/04/2016
10 yrds 2 more magazines supported
One more magazine 15 yrds supported
The two high shots were the last two rounds. A double tap to the chest at 5 yrds.

See less See more
#18 ·
I am a left handed shooter myself. I tend drift to the right also. In my case my groupings are not as tight also mine tend to be farther to the right. Nice shooting glokrok!
I believe the drift to the right for lefties and the drift to the left for righties is because of getting to deep with our trigger fingers and not keeping the pad of our finger on the trigger.

Reactions: glokrok
#21 ·
It's all in the trigger finger. To much finger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I agree. I am a relative noob at this and don't have much experience, but that won't stop me from giving advice.:)

Too much trigger finger around the trigger will produce that pattern. Glokrok, are you pulling the trigger with your finger joint or your finger pad? That pattern suggests your joint. The reason I am suggesting as the reason is that I have a tendency to do the same thing, only right handed. The result is that I pull to the left and a bit down from my point of aim.

Double check your finger placement first. Pull the trigger with your finger pad.

#22 ·
Try this next time you go out to the range. Place your right thumb on the frame below the slide forward of the trigger guard. Be careful not to put any pressure on the slide as you may impede the recoil. Apply a little pressure before you press the trigger and that pressure should keep your rounds from drifting to the right. It has worked for me although I'm a right-hander I just use my left hand thumb in the same position. My wife is a lefty and it works great for her it brings all of her shots right to the point of aim. Of course this only works with a two handed a grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.