Kimber Talk Forums banner

Not impressed with the...

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
9rd 9mm magazines that came with my Tactical Pro. Can anyone recommend another magazine?

#3 ·
Well it's difficult to fit all nine rds in the mag. Then the spring tension is so much thats it's difficult to chamber a round. If i hit the slide release the nose of the round just stops at the feed ramp. I have to pull back on the slide a few times to get the round to chamber. But if i put less than 9 rds in the mag everything works great.

#17 ·
Same here. A couple of other comments which are JMO.

I'm not a fan of "sling shotting" the slide. Thumbing the slide lock off is a one hand operation that can be performed quickly while getting back on target after loading a new magazine if you carry a spare.

Using an Uplula to load mags for the range is fine. In fact, I bought mine because of what the OP described about loading the ninth round in my 9mm Tactical Pro. If you carry, however, and you only carry the mag in your weapon, loading loose ammo by hand is something that should be practiced to develop the muscle memory and confidence needed if a situation arises and ammo is available but your Uplula isn't.

Just sayin'.

#6 ·
Springs don't break in from just compressing. They have to be worked both ways before they give a little or at all. Just download by one for awhile. After putting a few hundreds rounds through, try the last round again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Sounds like you have received some good advice. Enjoy your Tactical Pro, The pro models are my favorite.Clean lube and shoot!

Reactions: glokrok
#11 ·
I second the opinion on the Uplula and use it for all my mag loading except my G36 (doesn't work on that model and not Uplula recommended).

Let us know if the 8 round loading recommendation is working for you and the break in period, and enjoy your Tactical Pro.

#12 ·
#15 ·
Range day for me means 40+ loaded 1911 magazines (both .45 and 9mm). I'd need a couple of hours to load them without my Uplula them not to mention the bloody thumb I'd have afterwards.

Reactions: glokrok
#18 ·
I use a Bula for all my handgun loading if possible I picked up mine at my local swap meet for $5 I thought it might be a pretty good deal at the time now I think it was a great deal

#21 ·
I've only had my 9mm mags a short time. 5 range visits with the 9 round round Kimbers and 3 with the 10 round Wilsons. Both have loosened up noticeably and are easier to fill to capacity.
...I'll be getting one of those Uplulas though, spend more time loading than shooting :) and there is the thumb thing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.