Kimber Talk Forums banner

Socom down here is a quick range report!

969 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Cybercycle 
#1 ·
Finally went to the range with my M1A Socom 16 took along my Kimber CDP pro and my Sig P220 for good measure! All the firearms ran great. I loved shooting the M1A the recoil is surprisingly light. I will be taking the Socom and many other firearms to my favorite outdoor range in a couple of weeks. Sorry no pictures this time. I was shooting with two other friends and just did not think about it at the time. I was impressed with the range it has fifty yard shooting lanes and 100 yard lanes all indoors with programmable targets. You can shoot rifles or handguns. It has a nice selection of guns in the storefront also. Nice friendly service I was impressed.

#4 ·
Indoor shooting range?! Do those exist? LOL :cool:

I am jealous there is no indoor range that I am aware of within 50 miles of me. :( The next time I go to an indoor range...will be my first time. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear the favorable range report. It sounds like pure fun with the guys, and no adjustments or ammo experiments needed.:)

#5 · (Edited)
Hi Donald, im the one thats real envious, since the closest outdoor range near me is two hours away. The disadvantages of city life. On the other side of that, I have no less than 4 indoor ranges within 10 to 20 minutes away.

#9 ·
I hear about California problems and "extremism" all the time from my son who relocated there from Nashville 3 years ago (for business). He has all but given up on gun ownership and shooting because of all the crazy laws and limited availability of guns that he likes. He always loves coming home for his Mom's great cooking and to visit Dad on our range. I just have to make sure he cleans off all the GSR before heading back to the airport for that flight back to CA!

As they say...it's a nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.