Kimber Talk Forums banner

After Heated Auction Bids

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Bisquitlips 
#1 ·
I was a bad boy. Spent some of my M1A cash. Coming from Corinth Mississippi. I could not pass it up, been watching it all week on GunBroker, it had two bids from the same bidder that did not meet reserve. With 48 min. entered a good solid bid, met reserve I was high bidder for about 10 min. I raised my max bid 100 dollars, auction ended and I won 30 dollars shy of my max. Yeah me.

I called seller he said a older man came up to him last week at a gun show, had bought it new and had never fired it and wanted to trade for two Sig pistols. Yeah me again.
Pictures look like that is a true statement. Older guy added a mag well, rest of pistol looks original and unused.
I called Kimber the other day with the serial number it left the mothership on Feb. 19th 2008.

Kimber SIS Custom
Box, papers, 2 magazines

Got these pics from Gunbroker, not sure why but they were sideways when I down loaded them.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Why thank you Chuck! I am tickled with it myself.

Seller was real nice and I would have been even more excited if I had known the history before bidding. I will know more after it gets here but it looks new to me.

I just bought a second piece of history but it may not amount to anything in my lifetime.

#12 ·
Yes, I think they started building them around 2008 and production ended Jan. 2010. made four models, SIS Ultra, Pro, Custom, Custom RL (with rail).
On the Kimber site under catalogs if you view the 2009 catalog on pdf file they are in there.

If you google Kimber SIS the best write up I have seen is by Guns & Ammo Magazine.

Reactions: Hoffbrew
#15 ·
That is beautiful, one that I'd like to pick up some day. Check the movie Dark Blue, loosely I believe, based on the SIS unit. I think the kind of unit true patriots would have to be behind. Of course Hollywood liberals put a crappy spin on the end. Anyway my second favorite Kimber and a great buy

#17 ·
Thanks Hoff, tickled to get it. Your going to have to get out of Commiefornia to even start to catch up.

Been a lot of crappy, beat up ones with non original parts and or finishes listed on GunBroker lately. Got excited when I saw this one.

#18 ·
Cool!!

Nice pick up there, Arland!! That is a really nice pistol!! Congrats and thanks for the pictures. While standing on my head to looking at them, the blood rushing to my brain helped my memory issues!!

Thanks!! ;););)

#20 ·
Nice pick up there, Arland!! That is a really nice pistol!! Congrats and thanks for the pictures. While standing on my head to looking at them, the blood rushing to my brain helped my memory issues!!

Thanks!! ;););)
Sorry Lineman, captured those pics from GunBroker and they were already sideways and upside down. Got in a bidding war on this one other bidder was $25 away from winning but he stopped and I claimed the victory.

Nice Kimber Arland! Please more pictures after you get it home looks really clean!
Thanks Tom, I think it will be better than the pics. I will post more. The SIS is in "Transit" supposed to arrive at my FFL tomorrow (Wednesday) depending on his schedule he may have it ready for me to pick up same day? Seller said guy that traded it in never shot it...we will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.