Kimber Talk Forums banner

New to Kimber and have my first KIMBER!

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  2sharp2 
#1 ·
my first kimber is an Utra carry 2..super excited

thanks everyone. Any upgrades or fixes anyones knows about Id love to know about. Plan on using this gun as my 99% carry gun

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois JMalmy, congratulations on your first Kimber. If the gun is new clean and lube it before taking it to the range for the first time. Use the recommended ammunition 230 gr FMJ and break the gun in before considering any upgrades or modifications.

#8 ·
I would shoot it first before making any upgrades. Feel it out. Keep a journal of how it shoots, what type of ammo (grain, bullet type, etc). Once you put a few hundred rounds through it you will get an idea. :)
Welcome congrats and both of these are good info.

#19 ·
Hey StLou!!

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?...Clint Eastwood{aka}Dirty Harry
Please excuse my hi-jacking!! I always loved that scene from Dirty Harry!! After repeatedly watching it, I made a point of counting how many shots Harry actually fired. Big shock!!! He shot the black guy coming out of the bank once and fired two shots at the get away car. That was it. Unless Harry had a weird way of loading that Model 29, he definitely would have blown the black guy's head "clean off!!" He only fired THREE SHOTS!!!!

#7 ·
Will do guys! The gun has about 150 rounds through it. So im guessing pretty much brand new. I have heard some stuff about springs and internals or whatever. I am only over curious because this will be my 95% carry gun here in the (HOPEFUL) near future. I was supposed to get myfinger print report this wk. Have a XD40sc coming wednesday but bought this kimber for my absolute carry gun. so yeah lol

thanks guys

#14 ·
Welcome from Florida, lots of good info here

#16 ·
Welcome from Ky. I'm a Pro shooter. Well, an amateur who shoots a Pro Carry to be more precise. Post pics of your Ultra Carry. I have an Ultra TLE II on my wish list. Currently in lust for a Royal II. If one can even be had.

#18 ·
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
Sky Water Water tower Tower Font

Enjoy your new Kimber!! Make sure that you have positive functioning before you use it for your carry pistol!!! When you absolutely NEED your pistol is not the time to find out you that you have a reliability problem!!! :(:(

#20 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.