Kimber Talk Forums banner

Another Shooting at Fort Hood

930 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lineman 
#1 ·
Crap, another idiot or two are shooting at Fort Hood. Work place violence? I think not. :(

#4 ·
This is all I could find on it at this time.

Fort Hood was placed on lockdown Wednesday after a shooting on the Texas military base, as soldiers and residents were ordered to shelter in place.

A spokesman for Fort Hood confirmed that a shooting took place, but additional details were not immediately available. Emergency crews, FBI and SWAT teams were called in to the base.

CNN reported that one shooter was dead, and that police were pursuing a second shooter. According to KCEN-TV, at least 8 people were injured in the shooting. More than a dozen ambulances were shown arriving on the scene.

President Barack Obama was informed of the reports of Wednesday's shooting, the White House said.

"The President has been informed of reports of a shooting at Fort Hood. He'll continue to receive updates on the situation throughout the evening," principal deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said.

In 2009, 13 people were killed and more than 30 wounded in a mass shooting at the base carried out by then-Maj. Nidal Hasan. A U.S. Senate report following the incident described it as the worst attack on American soil since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 although the FBI said Hasan, a psychiatrist, had no formal ties to terrorist groups despite having expressed anti-American viewpoints prior to the shooting.

Hassan was sentenced to death after admitting during his August 2013 court martial hearing to the mass shooting.

#6 ·
Very sad news.

#7 ·
Some help!!

I'm not trying to justify this man's actions, but Spc. Lopez did go to the Army and ask for help for depression and PTSD. They gave him some anti-depressants and turned him loose. That is a pretty sad excuse for help!!! :mad::mad:

Maybe some face time with Army mental health personnel could have helped Spc. Lopez!! He's beyond helping now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.