Kimber Talk Forums banner

New member from Upstate NY.

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Bisquitlips 
#1 ·
Hey guys new here from upstate NY. I have the Micro Carry. I am also brand new to handguns and any advice is appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome to KT.

Once you are familiar with the rules of gun safety and the operation of your micro, the only advice I can offer is to shoot, shoot a lot, I mean shoot a whole lot. Eventually, you'll be good at it. Along the way you'll have lots of fun.

#7 ·
Welcome to the Forum from Middle Tennessee. Mircro Carry...clean well...oil some, preload some magazines, let them sit, go to range, insert mag., pull slide back, put some oil in there, release slide, fire.

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois. Keep the gun clean, well lubed and stick with 95 - 100 gr. fmj ammo until it's broken in.

#16 ·
Welcome! New around here myself but I can tell you based on my experience so far, this is one great community of like-minded folks. An abundance of information and most important a learning tool. Enjoy and when you get the hang of things, share.

#17 · (Edited)
Hey Here!! (It's a Southern Thing!!!)

Welcome to KT from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Building Sky Fence Wood Siding

Congrats on the new Micro Carry. Those are nice concealed carry pistols. Please read and follow Kimber recommendations for safety, ammo and initial cleaning and lubing prior to your first range session. Once you are up to date on all that stuff, make sure your pistol is unloaded (physically and visually check), leave all ammo in another room and then put in some dry firing practice. This does more for creating good trigger control than any other exercise. Remember to align your sight on your target, a deep breath, then exhale about half of it and then slowly squeeze the trigger. It creates muscle memory without have to deal with muzzle blast or recoil. Muscles have long memories so this is a great workout!!

I have shot competitively for over 40 years and found that dry firing is the ultimate in developing good shooting skills. What do I use for a target while dry firing, you ask. My favorite is the bad guys on television. I have "shot" thousands of 'em!! The best part is that none or the get to shoot back!!! Head Eye Mouth Human body Jaw

Really glad to have you with us. We value new thoughts and ideas. Jump right in. We love to share knowledge, experiences and a good laugh or two!! Join in and have fun.

Shoot straight, shoot a lot and be safe!!

#18 ·
Welcome to the site and handguns from Tennessee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.