Kimber Talk Forums banner

Micro vs Solo

7K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  Cucamonga kid 
#1 ·
After selling my Solo because it was not dependable, Iam looking at The Micro 9mm. Iam going to give it some time to see if it is dependable, not like the Solo.

#2 ·
That appears to be wise. With the solo naysayers on here it's hard to take pride in ownership . Mine works fine. I also have a new p938 but loaned it to a friend. I carry my STS daily and love it. KIMBER has stopped production of the Solo to concentrate on the micro 9. Just my guess but I doubt they ever put it back into production. Everything fails at some point. As we see with the micro 9 and others.

#4 ·
A class action suit for what ??

For everyone that was a lemon who knows how many were actually functional from the beginning ??

Just because something doesn't work for some people doesn't mean that litigation is necessary...

I had/have 2 of the Solo's and they both were fixed by the crew in Yonkers and they both function as well as a new gun to this day...

#8 ·
I'm in: put me down for monetary damages for wasted ammo, emotional stress, defamation of character by other happy Solo owners and recurrent nightmares (I'm in a life threatening situation and I reach into my pocket to pull out my Sig 938 and out comes my old Solo.😫 Dooh!
I had to lmao on that one CuCa.....Emotional stress??....Awe hell , I just spit some Skyy on my tablet from laughing so hard. ...:)

#10 ·
While I like my Solo and would ever give it up, the new Micro 9 is looking to be a fine conceal carry choice.
I would, however, wait until they offered it with night sights.
I think if they were going to do it they would have done it from the beginning.

I think that they're perfectly happy getting our $123 for the sights after we get the gun and realize how much it sucks without them..

JMHO

#23 ·
A minor observation..... the Solo "naysayers" merely expound on the shortcomings of the particular inanimate object known as the Solo. (based on research or personal experience) However many of the Solo fans ridicule and resort to personal insults to anyone who doesn't share the love for their little cricket. Just sayin' Carry - on

#24 · (Edited)
Just sayin' Carry - on

Carry on my wayward son,
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
Kansas

:D Just sayin'
--------------------------------------------------------
ordered a M9 today.......

#26 ·
Well Phil, my wife has 2 Kimber Micros which we are fully confident in. The Micro Bel Air is basically her barbecue gun but her Micro CDP LG is a serious little CCW. She currently carries her Sig 238 Rainbow until she gets more rounds through the Micro and gains complete confidence in it. Neither one has had any failures so far. The 380 ACP is the perfect platform for her. She can easily manipulate the slide, clear jams, and maintain those little crickets on her own. The laser on the CDP model is really nice. It's fun to watch a red dot on the target turn into a black hole after she fires it. I will do an updated range report as soon as the weather gets a little warmer.

#31 ·
No, I didn't miss it. I simply disagree. But it was your "tinker belle" comment that started the name calling and insults. You are a narrcisistic individual who acts as no one else knows anything and must listen to your opinion. As stated before I own one and have first hand knowledge of how they have preformed and what can remedy most issues. You sir appear to remain clueless .

#33 ·
Nellybelle,

Please... back to Micro talk. Thanks.
:cool: Good point Phil, but it seems,

Our Forum is named....Kimber Talk.

Sadly we're not limited to....Kimber Knowledge.

Talk is Talk, Regardless of Membership Knowledge.

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.