Kimber Talk Forums banner

Windows 10 computer question

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RustyIron 
#1 ·
I'm running a HP laptop with windows 10 and I have a question about windows timing out and signing me off after being away from the computer for about 2 minutes. I know how to adjust the power settings but don't know where to access the setting for signing off. Does anyone have a clue where to access this setting?

#5 ·
Hear hear!! on pencil and paper. Work shut down for two days when the Internet lines were cut and being repaired...used to do it all on paper...easier, faster, and never ran out of pencils or paper.

I'm an olde guy too and solved my Windows 10 problems by going back to Windows 8.

Reactions: 2sharp2
#6 ·
I hated windows 8, 7 was about as good as it could get, never had a problem with it and it was easy to find things on it.

Reactions: Mini Me
#10 ·
I have nothing against Mac's I just don't know anybody that has ever had one, that and the fact that I don't think I've ever even seen one. How many companies use them as their corporate computers, maybe that's why nobody bothers to hack them. My understanding is that a majority of the big companies world wide are still using windows XP.

#13 ·
I have nothing against Mac's I just don't know anybody that has ever had one, that and the fact that I don't think I've ever even seen one. How many companies use them as their corporate computers, maybe that's why nobody bothers to hack them. My understanding is that a majority of the big companies world wide are still using windows XP.
I ain't got nothin' against them percussion cap rifles, but I ain't never known anyone who shot one. In fact, I ain't never even seen one. How many countries use 'em in their calvary? There ain't never been a battle won by a percussion cap rifle! It's my understanding that the armies of the United States, all of Europe, and even South America all use the tried-and-true flintlock guns. --David J. Crockett, April 1, 1825

#11 · (Edited)
Majority of the people I've met over the years were pro artists, graphics, photography, videos, etc. When I researched them back then, their software was expensive as hell. From what I gathered from their chatter was because they were considered 'puters that real pros used. Yea, ok.... I started to consider switching over to their side but after the cost of a decent graphics machine, graphic and video software, etc., I'd go broke.

Now I have too much invested in PCs... my original Abode Graphic suites were well over $3G. Even their upgrades were not cheap. Annual upgrades would cost easily over $1.5Gs.

I cannot confirm other than from colleagues that Mac was mostly perfect. No virus problems, etc.

Now Windows has always been buggy as hell. I've always said we were all pro beta testers working for Microsoft and we pay them. Their effing upgrades to a new OS cost you. Just when they get one platform stable, they'd build excitement for a new upcoming OS. So pay the bux and start beta testing bs all over again.

As far as I'm concern, ALL their upgrades through the years were just a couple new bobbles and a facelift with some new icons and colors. (I was on the MS OS since Windows 3.0.... )Their upgrades were NEVER enough to justify upgrading. But either upgrade soon or wait for them to stop support for older versions that grew buggy as hell as they left you in a bind.

Quite a few software companies are just greedy MFers.
Here are a few that I rate in the scumbag category.
Microsoft OS, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Intuit, etc. Might not sound like a lot, but some of the companies have multiple softwares. Ie, Adobe: Web Development, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Publisher and several others. You buy them separately, it adds up to even more. They sell you bs upgrades that don't warrant the price tags.

Ummmmm, ehhh, Ok, rant off. I'm beat. Long week passed and longer coming. [emoji6][emoji102] G'nite...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chuck43
#12 · (Edited)
We have both a MacBook Pro and a windows 10 laptop. Mac is nice since everyone in my family has iPhones and iPads. Easy sync. Windows can't be beat for office work, and a majority in the business world use windows so file compatibility become important. Although I like both systems they Both have their pros and cons. one con to the mac is that it was twice the money of my windows 10 machine and won't do twice the work and it's not twice as fast ....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.