Kimber Talk Forums banner

New to the Forum from Florida

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  DCaliendo 
#1 ·
Hi and thanks for the chance to pick the brains of some experienced Kimber owners! :)

My pistols / revolvers range from .22lr to .45lc with almost everything in between except a 1911 in .45acp. I intend to address that shortcoming in the near future.

At the moment my mind is set on the Kimber two-tone with the checkered/smooth rosewood grips shown in the on-line catalog in the "Summer 2014" section.

I realize that the MSRP's of various manufacturers have differing amounts of negotiating room. Based on the MSRP of about $950., would anyone care to hazard an opinion of what a fair market value would be?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Hey. Welcome to the forum.

As with most things, the higher the MSRP the more negotiation room. Most of the $1,200 models can be had for around $1,000. But I would not expect anyone to come off $200 on a $950 gun.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois spanielck, that's the Custom II that you're looking at. It's not normally offered in the two tone color you see in the summer collection. Because it's a special run you may have a hard time finding one and may not have much negotiating room because it's going to be a limited run.

#5 ·
I like the steel frame of the Spring Collection Custom II. I'm sure no one will be coming off the price for that one.

#11 ·
Welcome from Pinellas Park Florida.

#15 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

#16 ·
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Font Automotive exterior Pattern Logo Signage

Property Plant Sky Font Tree

As for the two-tone Custom II you are looking for, I just looked at Gun Broker and found one going for $859. Not such a bad deal. You should be able to locate something in the price range at a local gun shop, if you look around. Here's wishing you the best in your search!! Enjoy!! ;););)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.