Kimber Talk Forums banner

Howdy From The OC's Disney City!

1K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Islander 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have been reading from this site using Tapatalk for about 1 1/2 years but never really joined until today. I have been a member of Calguns.net for over 8 years, but if you have a Kimber go to who know Kimber. So here I am. I currently only have one Kimber and when I was purchasing it I knew it had to be my first 1911. I went to several LGS and most of them just kept trying to get me to purchase something other than Kimber (But I stuck to my Gun - Pun intended) and went with a full size Custom CDP II. I've had it now for just over 2 years and have put about 1200 rounds through it, but I seem to be having the same issue as many other people here (F2F). I have attempted to fix this issue in a number of ways but it still has not resolved my issue. Here are the steps I have done:

1) Switched to Wilson Combat model 50 mags :confused:
2) Switched to Kimber KimPro Tac Mags :)
3) Replaced Guide Rod and Spring with Wilson Combat Bullet proof Rod and Flat wire 20lb spring
4) Replaced all springs

I have not attempted to replace the Extractor yet but it seems like the only then left to do.

I love this gun and everyone that shoots it loves it as well, but as of now it seems to be getting worse as the other day I went to the range and went through 80 rounds and it jammed about 15 of the 80. One was so bad that I could not rack the slide until I removed the magazine.

Any insights would be helpful.

By the way I like the KimPro Tac mags better than the Wilson ones.:)

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois I/O, I'd suggest giving Kimbers customer service a call and letting them make things right.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
International Calls: +1-406-758-2222
Hours: M-F, 9:30 a.m.- 6 p.m. Eastern

#6 ·
Welcome from Southeastern WI!

I also had 2 LGS try to talk me out of my Kimber! I fixed them. I ordered online!:D

I think that I would probably take Chuck's advise and let Kimber take a look at it. There are plenty of threads/comments on here about how they REALLY took care of people's problems.

Welcome again!

#9 ·
I'm awake now! I/O, welcome to the site from Tennessee. I agree with Chuck let Kimber work there magic.

#12 ·
Try This First!!!

I fully support the suggestion to contact Kimber with regard to your failure to feed issue. However, check out this video first and make the simple test to determine if you extractor may need adjusting. I had this issue with my Pro Carry II when I first got it. After adjusting the extractor, the problem vanished. It has been performing 100% ever since. It's easy to do and well worth the effort. If this doesn't cure the problem, by all means give the folks at Customer Service a call!! They are absolute magicians!!

Check this video out:

Keep us in the loop. Let us know if this cures your issue. Shoot straight and be safe!! Welcome to the site!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.