Kimber Talk Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson Combat CQB (CQB Elite)

4K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD Mods Please Lock This UP!

WTS: Wilson Combat CQB (CQB Elite) Black on Black on Black
Price: SOLD...
Other information: I have a full size 5" Wilson Combat CQB that has been fully restored by Wilson Combat to match what they are currently calling a CQB Elite. Well over 1K in work done by Wilson. Upgraded Starburst grips, all bullet proof parts, serrated top and rear of slide, 1 Piece magwell, all reblended, flush cut and reverse crowned barrel, Polished barrel, all new Flatwire Springs kit (every spring in the pistol has been replaced), New Wilson Combat Battle sight and serrated front blade, Brand new Wilson Bag, all new in package paper work, along with spec receipt from Wilson. This is a 100% mint Wilson. If you were to order this pistol as it sits from Wilson you would be at over $4K. I am willing take as many pictures as you need or I would prefer you to come out to see this pistol in person.

PM with any and all questions

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a fine looking firearm, I would love to own that. However I just can't justify spending that much money for one pistol. I guess if I shot in a lot competitions or something. Maybe some day?

Reactions: cundiff5535
#23 ·
I dreamed about this WC last night. My Raptors rested in condition 1 as usual.
I rested well and safe. What else could I want, except a pot of tasty fresh 'hot' coffee.

Just hanging loose for SEC, ACC and Big 10 football campionships.:D

#6 ·
Obviously, if anyone in this forum is interested in this pistol, I am more than happy to have a discussion on price.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pistol... I have about 5 more I am going to list. Gotta pay some bills and the wife says these didn't make the cut... BOO:)!

#7 ·
Obviously, if anyone in this forum is interested in this pistol, I am more than happy to have a discussion on price.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pistol... I have about 5 more I am going to list. Gotta pay some bills and the wife says these didn't make the cut... BOO:)!
Obviously, I could regret saying this but.......... bring them on, let's see what you've got.

#9 ·
The serrations are def not the standard. Believe it or not, those are functional... The serrations on the back on the slide eliminate any change that you will get a glare while aiming. I do not think that its common that all the sudden the sun hits the back of your pistol and hurts your aim but, I know that can happen.

I personally really like them but, its my own taste:)

Ill try to get a few of those other pistols listed today.

#10 ·
The serrations are def not the standard. Believe it or not, those are functional...
When I purchase a firearm--or have one built--I first decide what I'm going to use it for. If it's a recreational pistol, I tend to go more for looks. There's a YouTube video (link below) of a Kimber I'd love to own, but I'd play with it, not carry it.

On a pistol used for defense, I don't care about cosmetics, at all. Yeah, it would have been nice to have more hard-chroming or stainless on my new Ultra II, but its job is saving my hide, not me protecting its "skin."

In fact, I'm thinking of buying one of those desert tan SIG Sauer P238s (with ambidextrous safeties) as a matching pistol for my current one in diamond plate finish.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about front serrations, either. But if I built a pistol in a similar fashion, and I felt it would give me one more tool for survival, I would include the modification.

#12 ·
I was referring to the cocking serrations. But you bring up a good point.

Yes, cost is a consideration, and firearms are expensive. The "defensive" part of my job made some of those costs deductible. For example, at one telephone company the owner changed my written position description to "director of security." Now having to deal with debtors, theft, loss and sometimes staying in the building overnight, the costs of my Detonics could be deducted as a 'business expense.'

When I started my own company, I also had to deliver the knives. I bought a different seat and a rack for my Sportster and kept track of my mileage when on the job. I technically got paid to ride my Harley.

Of course, being older provides a certain amount of added luxury. In my twenties I could only afford a moth-eaten couch, which I also slept on. Now in my sixties it's okay to splurge a bit on "toys."

BTW, I do really like your pistol. Yeah, I think I'd be powerless to leave the house without it, and I'd wind up carrying it... ;)

#13 · (Edited)
I did want to comment on your video... The guy who made the video is a complete tard. I'm not going to get into all the stupid incorrect info in the video but, about 75% of it is incorrect. Lastly... And I will point this out. I seriously wish I woukd not have watched it... because videos like that are what gets "internet gunsmiths" into the shit. It also is what feeds the ignorance of buyers who then think they know what the heck they are taking about.

Btw, this is not aimed at you, just the guy in the video!

#14 ·
Btw, this is not aimed at you, just the guy in the video!
Oh, don't worry about--it takes more than that to get under my skin. I used the video to show the pistol, not the guy gushing.

I like pretty knives, I have "safe queens." If you collect long enough, it happens. I now own a Medford, and I forced myself to eat with it once, just to prove to myself I could!

#19 ·
For the record I was referring to the FRONT serrations on the full size slides.

Reactions: cundiff5535
#21 ·
Ah, I am not sure when these became more of a standard option vs the original JMB design. I guess, when guys where like... I can add these and they were proven to be functional?

I personally, have not manipulated any pistol by racking a slide on a object using those serrations.... hell, I have not even seen it done. I guess some has, and has convinced the masses it can be done.

If I were pointing out my favorite look and had a blank slide, High Power and Ball End Mill Cuts together look the absolute best... but, thats my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.