Kimber Talk Forums banner

New 9mm Ammo

5K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Nellybelle 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried out the G2 Research RIP 9MM 96 Grain Hollow Point Ammo?? I got a box from a friend and I'm going to try them out in my PCII but a little hesitant on firing them through the Solo.Any feedback would be appreciated.

#6 ·
I won't be using these at $2.25 a bullet either.I was just curious about them and split the cost of a box with a friend.I'm going to the range on Saturday to try them in my PCII but keeping it away from my Solo.As Chuck43 noted,the courts could have a hayday with a bullet that makes a 6in diameter hole in someone..

#8 ·
I agree. That round is a lawyers dream. Even if every other aspect of a shoot was considered legal and justified, the concept of premeditated murder would be front and center with these things.

Reactions: Marshall
#16 ·
You know, I have to disagree, respectfully.

The issue on any shooting is whether or not it is a good shoot. Type of ammo is meaningless. A type of ammo can't possibly be considered premeditated murder.

I also think that ammo is right up there with the mythical White Rhino.

#13 · (Edited)
Independent Review of G2 RIP

In the Georgia Outdoor Trader site I found a Youtube video of an independent test that was made on the G2 RIP ammo. It did not fair well in the real world. I'm not impressed!! :(:(:( Check it out:

#14 ·
#15 ·
For the price, I think it's just a gimmick. I'd prefer a good, solid, high-velocity hollow point that's proven.

#18 ·
OMG, the northeast politicians have lost their minds. The land of draconian laws.

Did they eve consider the hollow point reduces the chance of a through and through causing damage, in jury, or death of someone behind the intended target? They just don't get it (on so many levels.)

#27 ·
Well, I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on tv. I have read quite a bit of Mas Ayoob's writings and he seems to feel different then you. I hope I never have to find out the answer to this question.

#28 ·
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. I agree that any lawyer would jump all over you if they found high performance ammunition. I just think carrying the gun is also premeditation. Why else do we carry it in the first place other than to inflict serious harm if will feel threatened. I have the greatest respect for Mas Ayoob and his writings.

When I was a LEO there was always talk about carrying Hollow Points or not. Everyone I know carry's High Performance ammunition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.