Kimber Talk Forums banner

Enos slide glide

3K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  RustyIron 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried Enos slide glide glide? What's your opinion?

#4 ·
I use it on the rails of all my guns once they are broken in. I don't suggest anyone using it on brand new guns. I find the grease stays in place on my carry guns even in the hot weather.

Reactions: swca and Marshall
#9 ·
I only use the slide glide on the rails and oil on everything else. Winter time is never a problem even after being outside cleaning snow for hours I find my gun stays warm being next to my body.

Reactions: swca
#17 · (Edited)
Yes. There's a lot of rubbing that goes on with the barrel. Take a look at your pistols that have a lot of miles on them. You'll see wear near the muzzle where it locks up on the bushing, along the barrel lugs, at the cam or swinging link, and the top of the barrel hood. Also lube the inside of the slide, where the barrel rubs. You'll not eliminate wear, but you can slow it down.

I just put a little lube on my finger, then rub it on those surfaces so that there's an almost imperceptible film. More doesn't hurt, other than to make a mess.

#14 ·
I use it on barrel links and rails and forgive me if this is not the correct name but I put some the barrel locks or rings that are on the slide and barrel I also take a small amount on my finger and put some on the recoil spring. I do use a small bottle with a needle point dropper and hit the other moving parts with my favorite oil. I have done this on all my guns new or used. Seems to work. I was told a long time ago if it is metal and moves oil or lubricate where ever it comes in contact with other parts. Friction causes wear. It does stay where you put it.

One other reason I use it Chuck said I could stay a member of Kimber talk if I used what he recommended :D

#15 · (Edited)
I can't remember who said it, maybe Chuck, but this shouldn't be used on guns until after the break-in period. It can slow down the slide if memory serves me correct.

Now that being said, that wasn't said until after I broke in my Micro 9 and I saw no issues with it after I started using it and that was right after I took it out of the box and cleaned it for the very first time.

EDIT

Found it..Comment #15

http://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/of...954-how-much-should-i-lubricate-my-gun-2.html

#16 ·
I have not experienced any problems with it during break-in I use it like it is gold and do not spend it freely. In other words a little goes a long ways then when I am done reassembling my gun I manually work my slide a few times to make sure it is spread evenly along with using flat wire recoil springs (another part Chuck made me purchase) The slide just seems to glide. No pun intended.

Reactions: Chuck43
#18 ·
The reason I say not to use it on new guns is that it can slow down the slide on a new tight gun just enough to effect the timing. Kimber does not recommend using grease on their guns at all.

My concern started with my primary carry gun in the summer, the gun spends approximately 15 hours a day in a vertical position on my side. I figured with the heat of the day combined with my body heat the oil I was using on the rails would tend to migrate down the rails toward the muzzle.

I did a lot of research reading everything I could find on gun lubricants an decided to try Brian Enos Slide Glide. I first tried it on another of my carry qualified guns. I applied the slide glide to the rails, reassembled the gun, hit it with a hair dryer then hung it in a spare holster in the vertical position on my work bench. I'd rack the slide about 100 times a day and hit it with the hair dryer daily. I did this for a couple of weeks and liked what I was seeing, the grease remained in place and the slide was running nice and smooth.

After seeing that I started using it on my primary carry gun and that eventually led to me using it on the rails of all my semi automatic handguns.

Reactions: swca
#22 ·
I should hope so dude. After reading about how well it works from all the satisfied members I got so excited almost ordered another tub for myself then I realized the the one I have is still 95% full.:)

I think you will like the results let us know what you think after you have had a chance to use some!

Reactions: Dude22 and Tejun
#21 ·
I only used the hair dryer when I first started testing the slide glide, I wanted to see how heat effected it. Once I was convinced that the slide glide was going to stay in place I ended testing with it.

Reactions: Dude22 and Marshall
#23 ·
On my 1911's, I use it on the slide rails. Seems to work real well. I have also used Automotive premium EP wheel bearing grease that also was good. Since Slide Glide is prepared just for guns, I feel better using it. Never had any noticeable wear or galling that I could see with either grease. Also use a little in the recoil spring plug. Every thing else gets premium gun oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.