Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kids, the gift that never stops taking.

725 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Lineman 
#1 · (Edited)
My 36 year old son, father of 4 called me tonight from their home in Michigan.

Hey dad, what you doing?

Eating, call me back.
This will just take a minute.
Call me back.
I need to trim some tree branches that are hitting the house.
Call me back.
They're up pretty high, I can't reach them with my ladder, do you still have your tree trimming saw with the extension poles?
Maybe, call me back.
I need to borrow them.
They sell them at Home Depot and Lowes
Stop kidding around, I need to borrow them.
I need my router and orbital sander that you borrowed back.
Why do you need them back, I'll bet you haven't used them in over a year.
Your right I haven't because I loaned them to you when you were in for Thanksgiving 2015.
Oh.
If you want the saw you have to bring back the router and sander.
And if I forget to bring them.... then what?
A. you don't get the tree trimming saw.
B. I'm taking your 3 sons to Harbor Freight and buying them a 6 1/2 hp Predator gas motor.
What the heck would you do that for?
Because I'm going to tell them that we're going to build a mini bike but we can't start until I get all the tools back that I loaned you to do it.
Their mother is going to kill you if you do that.
No she won't, she loves me, she'll kill you.
The boys are going to be hell to live and just when you think you can't take it anymore I'm going to start sending them pictures of the frame I'm going to start bending and welding up.
Seriously, dad you can't do that, it's not fair to tell them something like that, you can't do it.
Watch me, I might even tell your wife that you suggested it, time for the boys to learn how to do some old fashion mechanical stuff from their grandfather.
I promise that when I come in I'll bring the sander and router I borrowed.
Dam son, my dinner is cold and I just remembered you never returned my Remington 700 .25-06 that I restocked so you could deer hunt with it.
OK, I'll bring the gun too, now go reheat your dinner before you think of anything else.
Don't worry son, if think of anything else I'll email the kids and have them remind you.
OK, bye dad, I love you, give gram a hug and a kiss for me.
Will do son, I love you too.

Just because we're getting old doesn't mean we're getting dumber.

See less See more
#4 ·
This one hits home.....just loaned out my Pressure Washer to my son-in-law two days ago. This is about the third time I have loaned it out...he came and got it...I brought it back last time. My son usually borrows my ladder but brings it back...and my utility trailer to haul his lawnmower. And I get phone calls or a text from them....when they want something.....Kids are Kids...

Reactions: Dude22 and Chuck43
#5 ·
It is no better for step kids: Just got my Beretta 686 over/under back from my wife's youngest son, he had it since two weeks before Christmas 2016. Forgot to bring it a month ago when we had a get together. He said well it is hid in my house, I said big difference than being locked in my safe. Told Vickie to advise him last Sunday when we see him he had better have my shotgun with him. He did, kids today don't get it, to him it is just a shotgun but what he don't know is I saved for at least a year or more after my divorce to buy that shotgun.

#9 · (Edited)
I Done Good!

See, I remembered what my brother and I did to our dad's set of tools!! So when my son started growing through his teenage years,
I started buying him his own set of tools. Once he had a complete set, I told him to never, ever ask to borrow any of mine.

When my Daddy died, I gave his tools to my son. He was astonished and asked me where the rest of Grandpa's tools were. I told him that his Uncle David and I had lost or broken most of Grandpa's tools as we grew up. The remains were two badly chipped screwdrivers (used as chisels), a rusty monkey wrench, a half dozen odd open and boxed end wrenches, one rusty 12" Crescent wrench and a ball peen hammer with a split handle.

That was when my son figured out why I bought him that set of tools. When it comes to tools, he's on his own!! I don't think he has plans on letting his son use his tools!!! Wonder where he got that idea??? :D:D:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.