Kimber Talk Forums banner

Hello from Southern Middle Tennessee

1K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  swca 
#1 ·
I've been an active hand gunner for 50+ years and have shot both revolvers and pistols in various forms of competition, IDPA, USPSA, SASS CAS & SASS Wild Bunch.

I'm a retired Journeyman Machinist, Tool & Die Maker, CAD/CAM Operator, CNC Programmer/Operator.

I have built up my own competition guns for the last 40+ years and have worked on some Kimber full size 1911 guns for a local gun shop before I retired when I still had access to a multi-million dollar machine shop.

One of my current "off the farm" carry guns is a Kimber Micro 9 Raptor carried in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. The left grip split after only a few hundred rounds so I put a set of Raasco checkered walnut grips on it. Kimber sent me a new set of grips that are in it's box and wont be put on the gun. I've used the 6 round mags so far but bought two 7 rounders at Larry's new store in Huntsville, AL today.

I have read a number of threads on the Micro 9s especially the Raptors but thus far have had nothing to contribute that wasn't already said.

Hope I didn't ruffle to many feathers by my first post being in the classifieds.

HK

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome from WVa

Glad to meet you. I started shooting handguns at age 12 thus this marks my 50th year in this sport. I too have competed in many forms from IPSC, Bullseye, NRA Silhouettes, International Silhouettes, bowling pins and falling plates. Loved to hear more of your experiences.

#4 ·
Herman, welcome from over here in Chattanooga.

#5 ·
Hi Herman. Welcome from the opposite end of the state of AL from Huntsville. Look forward to you sharing your experience!

#13 · (Edited)
Hey Ya'll!!!

Welcome to KT from Beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Rectangle Font Electric blue Logo Brand

I've been shooting for 45 years. My wife had to buy my first handgun for me, because I wasn't old enough!! (Yes, Mrs. Lineman is a cougar!!)I have also shot all kinds of handgun competition. I've dabbled in NRA Bullseye, Police Combat, Metallic Silhouette, IDPA and Bowling Pins. I did my own reloading for years. Having access to an unlimited supply of lead made bullet casting a worth while and logical project. I loaded all of my ammo with Keith-type semi-wadcutter bullets. I even used a semi-wadcutter in my .45 autos. Heck, I trained my children to load for me!! They thought it was fun!! If I set up the powder measure, my daughter could whip out a hundred rounds almost as fast as I could. Their quality was second to none. I never had a failure or misfire with a round that they loaded!!

My son now burns ammo for the U.S. Army. He has been offered a spot on the Army Marksmanship Unit, at Ft. Benning, when he returns to the states, next year.

Please post pictures of your Micro 9 Raptor!! I am fond of all things Raptor!! We'd like to have a range report also. It would be great to know how that Raptor is performing!!

Shoot straight and be safe!!! :D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.