Kimber Talk Forums banner

This Guy HATES The Phone Company!!!

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Shootinit 
#1 · (Edited)
Caught this story on Yahoo.com.

In my 25 years working outside as a Lineman, I encountered a lot of people who didn't like my truck being on the right-o-way while I worked on their street. However, I never met anyone who was as hardnosed about it as this guy!! At least he only took his wrath out on the trucks and not the technicians.

BTW, yes I was shot at once while working outside. I was also robbed 4 times.

Check this guy out! Notice that he even reloads....TWICE!!! Just Damn!!!

Armed Florida man doesn?t play around when workers fail to move their utility trucks | Conservative News Today

They ended the video too soon! I would have loved to have what happened when the police got there!!!

#9 ·
Wrong-o!!!

The Comcast technicians were not in the wrong!!! Their duty is to route traffic around their work area for the safety of the technicians. The main item of that protection is that bucket truck. Give the less than attentive public something substantial to run into in lieu of the utility workers!!!

The placement of one cone for every 10 MPH of speed and spaced 1 foot apart per mph is the US DOT requirement for utility work area protection!! IT"S THE LAW!!!

In this situation, a number of vehicle operators were driving way too fast for the road conditions. They did not have the ability to stop or slow down within a reasonable, safe distance for the speed that they were traveling.

In addition, the gentleman giving the Comcast techs all the grief should have been arrested for interfering with utility workers in the performance of their job. In my 25 years out in the field as a Lineman and Cable Splicer, I had two self appointed "safety directors" arrested. They really failed to see the humor in that!!!

I had one truck hit, bunches of cones and "MEN WORKING" signs run over. The closest I ever came to getting hurt was when a man ran over my sign, then drove inside my string of cones, passed my truck on the inside and finally into the hole on the side of the road that I was working in. Luckily, the the hole was dug around a pole and the car hit the pole before it got to me. When asked what happened, the driver told the police officer that his breaks went out. The officer asked him how long he had been experiencing this problem and the guy said, "Oh, about a week!". Then, just like Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane, on the Dukes of Hazard, the officer "Cuffed Him and Stuffed Him" into the back of his patrol car!!

Utility workers don't do this stuff to mess with traffic. They do it because they are required to and they want to go home in one piece at the end of their shift!!

NUFF SAID........!!!!!!!

Reactions: Marshall
#10 ·
Jackdonkey in my hood thought it was funny to yank up a wire rope that was laying across the street right as i was going to run it over...
i didn't see it till it came off the ground...if i didn't stop i probably would have killed the idiot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.