Kimber Talk Forums banner

Can't remove rear sight on K6s

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  340pd 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to do this? Looking down from the top of the sight, looks like an allen screw. but nothing fits. I tried both metric and american. Any help?

#2 ·
Careful that may be a Torx head screw they are using them on some of ther grips I know.

#3 ·
My 1/16" hex head is a good fit. I think after you get it loose you may have to apply heat to get the sight to move. I suspect loctite was used during the installation. If you have white dot sights you may try inserting the correct hex head and heat the wrench to avoid burning the dots.

#5 ·
I actually talked K6 sights with my LGS and was told that the rear was really hard to move due to it being "machine pressed" into the frame :)confused:) Not really sure what that means. I know I fully intend to change the front sight. Mine has the all black, no dots, and is just a grey blur to me. I'm going to replace it with a fiber optic as soon as I can find one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.