Kimber Talk Forums banner

1st Range Trip with the Kimber Micro

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Slowhand 
#1 ·
Font Gas Bumper Bullet Gun accessory

A range trip this afternoon over at Shooters Choice. I had to try out the Kimber Micro 380. She's a typical hand full for a compact or mouse gun. I gave her a good cleaning, even though she is used and all shinny. The trigger pull wants to go left and high, unless you watch the grip and squeeze.

Font Gas Motor vehicle Poster Signage

At 10 yards head shots are possible, with some decent groupings. A Ruger LC380 or a Walther PPK S-1 380 offer better control past that distance.

I ran 50 rounds, 95 Grain Winchester FMJ, 50 rounds, 95 grain Winchester Jacketed Hollow Point, and finished with 50 Rounds 100 grain FMJ of Select brand ammunition. She preferred the Jacketed Hollow Points.

No failure to eject, misfires or stove pipe rounds. I unintentionally popped the magazine release a couple of times just enough to have the magazine drop just enough to stop things. She's reliable but some further range trips are in order.

See less See more
#9 ·
Light Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel

Yesterday was a 2nd Range Trip with the Kimber Micro 380, taking along a Glock 42 380 cal and a Glock 43 9mm.

Art Wood Sculpture Flooring Statue

I ran 100 rounds through the Glock 43. I'm not a fan of the trigger. You gotta use the first fold in the trigger finger to get it to function properly. Getting rounds on target takes some grip adjustments. I ran a few through the Glock 42 same concerns.

The Kimber took another 150 rounds in stride. That's 300 total. Definitely a keeper for a BUG.

#10 ·
Maybe you need to stand closer to the Target! Looks pretty clean for over 250 rds. fired at it!:D
Nice looking Kimber. Sounds like you and your new acquisition are getting along great!

Reactions: cousinmark
#11 ·
Welcome to the forum. Nice range reports, glad that your Kimber is functioning properly for you....have fun!

#12 ·
Nice range report Slowhand. You have some outstanding weapons there. I love the way you have the glocks set up (pachmayr grip sleeves). I would have liked to seen a target with holes in it instead of a nice clean target however. Maybe next time....

#13 ·
Brown Font Everyday carry Material property Handgun holster

The mailman delivered some more leather for the Kimber. I was using just a Galco OWB holster, but decided to get a good pocket holster and magazine holder from D.M. Bullard. I've also ordered their Cross Draw Holster, which takes some time to make, with a smooth leather lining and a body guard added. I've been packing a pistol for two for about 40 years now and getting cheap holsters is a bad idea.

When it comes to ammo, it's either Hornady or Gold Dots.

#14 ·
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Wood stain

UPS delivered a pair of extended 7 round magazines and 3 replacement recoil springs I ordered from Kimber. She ought to be good to go now for another range trip.

#16 ·
View attachment 75329

UPS delivered a pair of extended 7 round magazines and 3 replacement recoil springs I ordered from Kimber. She ought to be good to go now for another range trip.
Sounds like you're ready to roll. I'd suggest marking the mags so you can track any problems. There've been mixed reviews of the 7 rounders. Mine fit a little loose and the extend grip's contact with my hand during recoil, I believe, has caused intermittent misfeeds.
Follow up with how things go.
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.