Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kimber Tactical Pro II Fail to Feed or Eject

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  montanaResident 
#1 ·
I have a Kimber Tactical Pro II in 9mm and it is having feeding and ejecting problems. I clean after, say 250 rds, to include taking a dental tool to the extractor. I shoot factory 115 gr ammo (Winchester, Federal). Now, within 50 rds, gun will fail to feed or maybe fail to eject. Any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
Try This!

I had similar issues with my Pro Carry II. Check out the following video and make the demonstrated extractor check. If needed, adjust your extractor as indicated. It sure cured my pistols ails. If that fails, try using the 124 grain loads. Some 9's like the heavier stuff. As a last choice, I'd give Kimber Customer Service a call and let their wizards take over from there. Good luck!!!!

Check video:

Keep us updated as to how this works out for you. Inquiring minds need to know!! Keepin' my fingers crossed for you!!

BTW, welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Outerwear Product Jersey Neck Sleeve

Vehicle registration plate Rectangle Font Wood Bumper

Reactions: glokrok
#3 ·
Photos of your stoppages would help to ensure we are talking the same thing. Many classify failures to feed, failures to chamber and failures to lock as the same thing. Likewise with failures to extract and failures to eject.

#5 ·
If the extractor doesn't do it all, considered a heavier recoil spring. On a 1911 45ACP, the factories often fits them with a ~16lb spring, whereas an 18.5lb spring works well and can get the bullet up and over the feed ramp better. Polishing the feed ramp can also help if you are shooting other then FMJ ammo

#6 ·
...if the only reason for going up in recoil spring weight is to force the round through the loading process then your pistol has other issues that should be addressed. A 5" 45 should load with a 12 or even 10# spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.