Kimber Talk Forums banner

Greetings from SW Florida

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Silverbullet 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
First, Silverbullet was a nickname for a silver 200+ HP Yamaha snowmobile when I lived up north and I’ve use that name on other forums so I’ve stuck with it here.
Shooting over 50 years and my passions were model 70 style rifles, magnum revolvers and shotguns. The only auto loading handgun I’ve owned was a light weight colt commander that promptly destroyed itself after 50 rounds of 230 g hardball! That gun was promptly returned! My love for Kimber was really their rifles and I still have a beautiful walnut stocked 22lr back up north in my brothers gun cabinet. Left all my guns there when I moved to Florida to take a job so I haven’t done any shooting for 10 years. I’ve now decided to get my CCL and when it came time to purchase a new gun Kimber was my first choice. A Master Carry Pro with laser grips in 45 caliber. Because I love the round butt on the 1911 and It fits my hand perfectly. I’m hoping to hit the range next week so I’ll let you know how everything works.

Lots of great information on this site. Thank you!

Mark

#2 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee. Congrats on the new Master Carry Pro it is a fine first Kimber. I have one, love it and one of my most accurate pistols.

We love the round Butts...don't we Chuck!

#4 · (Edited)
To few words? Haha, hit the wrong tab and quoted myself, didn't even know it would do that...? Was just trying to add pic to original post.

Attachments

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Mark. Read your owners manual, clean and lube the gun before your first range visit and you will be good to go.

#5 ·
Yeah, Right!!

We all know, Arland. You just wanted to remind up once more that you like round butts!!!

#6 ·
Hey Ya'll!!

Welcome to the forum from Monroe, Georgia!!!
Motor vehicle Font Emblem Symbol Circle

Congrats on the Master Carry Pro. That is a really nice pistol!! Be sure to follow Kimber recommendations for cleaning, lubing and ammo type prior to your first range session. This will make for a more productive range visit!!

Please post pictures of your new pistol.

Hat Sun hat Sleeve Fedora Gesture

Shoot straight and be safe!!

#15 ·
Welcome from a Middle Tennessean...just got back here from Florida today. 600 miles...from Point A to Point B. We have a house just south of the Swamp!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.