Kimber Talk Forums banner

Wilson Magazine help

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Oreste 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Kimber 1911 .45 Pro Carry II. I am interested in purchasing some Wilson Combat magazines in 7 round capacity. What models of ther magazine are useable in this gun? Please be specific as there is a 47 for a full size or a 47OX for the Commander size, and on and on.

#2 ·
On Wilson Combat's web site, the designations for the 7 round magazine are:

47OX Standard base, Compact

47OXC Lo-Profile Steel Base, Compact

47OXCB Lo-Profile Steel Base, Black in color.

My preference for my 3" Ultra is the 47OXC. IMHO, the Wilson mag is head & shoulders above any mag I've tried.

RickOShay

#4 ·
I have a Solo CDP LG & as far as I know, the only mags out there are Kimber OEM in 6 round & 8 round. I have (2) 6 rounds & (1) 8 round. They all function perfectly( after I fully loaded them & parked them for a long while to relax the springs)
I haven't encountered any issues that would give me reason to look elsewhere for Solo mags. Are you experiencing any problems?

#15 ·
Rick,
I posted this on another thread. I am having issues with the 8 round mags.
If you have any advice please post or contact.
See below post:

I mentioned earlier on another thread about issues with loading rounds 7 and 8 in the extended mag. They don't seat well. They angle down and
results in fail to feed. Yesterday at the range for the first time I had FTF issues with the first 2 rounds (7-8 while loading). They just don't seat correctly and pop down. I have 6 of these mags and all did basically the same thing. The six round mags were flawless as usual. Does anyone else have such problems with the 8 round mags? Has anyone found any resolutions? This seems to be a common issue. Would appreciate your comments.

#7 ·
Not really, I picked up my Solo CDP on Friday and was at the range on Sunday, while loading it for the first time it seemed as if the walls were spreading. Not sure if it was just an illusion. I did set it to the side loaded to see if the spring will loosen up a bit.

Since I only have "one" I thought that if I was going to buy more then I would see what is out there. Thanks for the quick response.

#11 ·
He did not.

I received a "back in stock" e-mail from gunclips.com saying thy had 10.
I immediately went there and placed an order.
A couple of hours later, they sent me an e-mail saying their inventory software screwed up and they did not have any.
Then shortl later they sent another e-mail saying they found 2 and are sending them.

So, I think I have 2 coming.

#13 ·
Called Wilson Combat today! Was told they do not make a magazine for the Solo, and as far as he knew Kimber is the only game in town.
Called kimber after looking on there web site, was told they were out of stock on both mags the 6 and 8 round.
Said to call back or keep watching the web site mid May and after! They will not take back orders.
E-Bay has them on a bids for $75.00 for the 6 round and over 125.00 for the exteneded 8 round. There nuts..........................

#14 ·
Check in everyday to the Kimber website. Every few months, for two or three days, they will have them available. That's how I got my two recently. i did the same for their recoil springs which I got as a spare for "when the time comes."

For loading, I bought one of the Maglulu auto loaders which helps get those last few rounds in very easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.