Kimber Talk Forums banner

Wal-Mart Walk

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fleamac 
#1 ·
Just got back from Wal-Mart shopping with the little woman and did my first open carry thing,not one comment or strange look from anybody,was kind of nervous at first but everybody just seems to be in their own little world at lease around here,and to top it off the ammo locker was full so i came out with a box of 100 Winchester White Box,had a good day.:D

#4 ·
Most people have no idea you have a gun. they just don't notice it, or they just assume you're a cop. Condition white.

I used to have fun watching people to see who was carrying a gun- you could see people fiddling with their pants, or gun belts, or holster snaps.

#6 ·
I was behind a grandma at wally world. she was getting her change purse out and started unloading her steamer trunk at the cash register. she puts her J frame on the belt and all of a sudden it was me and her in line by ourselves it was nice. she said she was sorry and didn't mean to scare anyone. I asked her if the next time she go's to the store she would give me a call. because that was the fastest that I've ever gotten out of there.

#11 ·
Do those signs carry the weight of the law where you are? Some states don't recognize them, so you would not get in legal trouble. If a manager asks you to leave, you you should or you'd be trespassing. Michigan has pre-emption, localities are prohibited from enacting more stringent laws. So I don't sweat it.

#12 ·
Yes, in Illinois it's considered a chargeable offense. One democratic state senator wants to change the law to read that no signs are necessary, all places are considered posted unless there is a sign stating that concealed carry is allowed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.