Kimber Talk Forums banner

Parts polishing

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
I have an Eclipse Custom II in 10mm and was wondering if anyone knows if the black parts are made of stainless steel or are regular carbon steel. Slide Stop, thumb safety, grip safety, Mag release, mainspring housing. Wondering about polishing these parts to a high polish if they are stainless. Anyone know this info?

#2 ·
I can't say for certain on an eclipse but the mainspring housing and grip safety may be plastic, they are on a number of Kimbers. They as well as the other parts can be replaced with alternates made of various metals made by several manufacturers. Sometimes the alternate parts will require fitting. I'm thinking some of the more knowledgeable members here will be more helpful in pointing you in a specific direction.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois johnny332, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

#6 · (Edited)
First of all I would call Kimber and ask directly I am sure they will tell you. Just do not tell them you plan modifying your Kimber because of warranty. I am guessing they are steel probably not stainless steel costs less and holds an applied finish better. Rusty has a good idea if it is steel the magnet will grab it strong if stainless not so much. I just verified that by trying a magnet on my stainless sink did not stick at all.. Definitely steel I just stuck a magnet to my Eclipse 10mm safety and it grabbed it. Buy the Target the Eclipse 10 is beautiful as it is. Since you have one you already know it is a beautiful gun. The main spring housing is plastic the grips safety is not.

#10 ·
My ss raptor pro is magnetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Kimber says the warranty is 1 year but they've been know to honor it long after it expired. I know of a case where they repaired and refinished a worn hard used gun for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.