Kimber Talk Forums banner

Grip screw on K6s

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Eagle1* 
#1 ·
I recently bought my first Kimber, a K6s with the 3" barrel. I really like it but would like to make a slight change. The smooth wood grip is fine for my large hand; it gave me no problems at the range even when firing .357s. However, on the right side where the grip's securing screw comes through, the small area around it is bare. I'd like to find a tiny brass finishing washer to make it look more .....well, more finished than it does now. Can anyone tell me the size I need to buy, a size that will fit inside the hole drilled in the wood and secure to the protruding screw head?

#2 ·
I would think that Kimber might be able to help you with this if you can find someone in the parts dept that would take the time to look for you. Other than that you may try an actual wood working store that has some hardware sold in there, someone there might be able to help as i think a hardware store employee at the big chains will not be of any help, but I could be wrong. I also think if you ca;;ed Altamont grip company they would know as they make grips for the Kimber, give them a try..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.