Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kimber addicted — need advice

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigdog 
#1 ·
I have a full size and a Micro 9. I have Kimber fever.

Looking at a KIMBER 9MM Aegis Elite Pro. Is this pistol essentially a Commander size 1911 in Kimber quality but 9 mm? I have no stocking Kimber dealer need me, so I need some input.

Looking for a nice fit between my Micro 9 and my Classic Stainless 5”. I prefer a 9mm because I’m 70 and not as macho as I used to be. I can do 45 ( and do). It’s just more fun to shoot 9 for me.

Help!

#2 ·

Looking at a KIMBER 9MM Aegis Elite Pro. Is this pistol essentially a Commander size 1911 in Kimber quality but 9 mm? I have no stocking Kimber dealer need me, so I need some input.

Looking for a nice fit between my Micro 9 and my Classic Stainless 5". I prefer a 9mm because I'm 70 and not as macho as I used to be. I can do 45 ( and do). It's just more fun to shoot 9 for me.

Help!
Short simple answer, Yes. The Pro size Kimber has a 4" barrel, I assume your referring to a Colt Commander, I think the Commander barrel is 1/4 inch longer, not really enough to notice or make a difference.

#5 · (Edited)
Well buy them all is solid advice but maybe not practical for everyone.

Didn't have a Pro size in 9mm...sold it to Snowtao.
I took some pics. I don't own a Micro9 because I have a Stainless Ultra Carry in 9mm that does the same thing without any Micro9 drama. Also don't have the new Aegis but have pic of 9mm Sapphire Ultra which you have not mentioned but including for you to compare.
Pro and Commander are almost identical, real world difference is Ultra is shorter than Commander.

Bottom: .45acp Bone grip Classic Carry Pro
Top: 9mm Colt Commander
Far Right and Top: 9mm Sapphire Ultra

Attachments

#8 ·
If you don't think in your mind "I must hold this pistol before I buy" then I suggest GunBroker, probably save some $ and be faster than ordering. I have found Cabela's, Bass Pro usually has a good selection of Kimber's for "tire kicking only" because there prices typically are right on MSRP or higher.

#9 ·
Get yourself a Glock 19. Wait, no, that won't help. You'll just love the Kimber's all the more. 😂
Actually, I have a Glock 19 and it is my truck gun. Hard to beat for the price and never fails to do the job....just like the ugly girl at the bar at 2 am.

#10 ·

Looking for a nice fit between my Micro 9 and my Classic Stainless 5". I prefer a 9mm because I'm 70 and not as macho as I used to be. I can do 45 ( and do). It's just more fun to shoot 9 for me.

Help!
I have the 9mm Pro CDP and love it!

#11 ·
CDP Pro 9mm is what I would buy if I needed a 9mm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.