Kimber Talk Forums banner

Hoosier, Buckeye, now Arizonan

780 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lineman 
#1 ·
Indianapolis, Centerville OH, Peoria AZ. This is where I want to be now that I am retired. I never considered buying a firearm until now, one year after moving to the Phoenix area. It is not because I feel any less safe. It just makes me feel more like an Arizonan and desert dweller. Also, I love understanding how electric and mechanical devices work, demonstrated by my GM muscle car and self-restored juke boxes. After spending many hours researching firearms, gun ownership, and the laws, I purchased a Springfield Armory 911 (380acp). After taking a gun safety course and firing at a range, I decided I like this. The plan now is for me and wife to obtain CCW permits even though it is not required here. My Kimber Micro 9 Stainless LG is on its way. I have to have a pistol that not only works well, but also looks good. Right after it arrives we will be heading to the impressive AZ Ben Avery shooting range. I am pleased to join you guys and ladies.

#2 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee. We took a trip to Benson AZ a couple years ago, nice place but I began missing trees.
Congrats on the Micro9. You are already infected with the "buy another Kimber" addiction.

Reactions: WurlitzBurg
#7 ·
Hey Ya'll!!

Welcome to KT from Monroe, Georgia!!!
Sky Cloud Storage tank Gas Composite material

Congrats on the new Micro 9. Seems like everybody but me has one of those these day. I'm just not a 9mm guy!

My brother lives in Phoenix. Have been out there a number of times. I talked him into buying a gun. He has a (ICK) Glock-23. It was a used police gun and he got a real good deal on it. He inherited Dad's Scotch financial attitude!! Me, I go with the best there is: Kimbers, Smiths and Rugers. Beautiful country out there in AZ!!! However, I am a Georgia boy at heart!! ;););)

Glad to have you with us. Shoot straight and be safe!!!

#10 · (Edited)
Who Me?

Beautiful downtown Monroe is exactly 30 miles from Athens, GA. Yes, we are DAWG fans around here!! My son-in-law graduated from UGA and he and my daughter had a bulldog named LUCY!!

Head Hand Dog Arm Carnivore
<----My grandson & LUCY--A Southern Baptism!!

Dog Bulldog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn
<----"UGA X"- University of Georgia Mascot! HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS??

Next time out in Pheonix I'll have to visit Ben!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.