Kimber Talk Forums banner

Grips

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Karens 
#1 ·
After my last time at the range, honey pointed out the my Micro Raptor. 380 left grip has a small crack at the the top by the screw. While it's not a big deal now, it will be in the future. I really like the grips I have, but unfortunately they don't have replacements so what would you all recommend? I have been looking and have several in mind, G10 and such. I always value recommendations from here.

Reactions: Tejun
#3 ·
If the Micro is still within the warranty period, definitely contact Kimber. The Raptor grips not only look fantastic in the gun, but they also worth around $100 +/- in eBay. If Hogue was making the finger groove grips for the Micro, I’d say get those, but they only have them for the Micro 9 right now. I love mine.

Input a set of G10 grips from VZ Grips on my Micro Stainless model and also love those. Not sure if Stoner CNC makes Micro grips or not but I’ve bought several pairs of grips from them and they are good quality. I think SGM Grips still make the Micro grips.

#4 ·
Do not over tighten screws. That will cause that crack by screws usually within the grain of the wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I agree with JC, I think Kimber will replace them under warranty.
I've heard about several Raptor grips cracking. I think it is the nature of the Zebra wood.

Some member on KT put a set of Raptor grips up for sale a while back, stayed for sale for a day or two before I saw them. I jumped on them for $75 bucks. Marshall (Captain Skyy) was to slow. They won't fit your Micro, mine are full size.

#16 ·
I’d keep the broken ones if they didn’t ask you to send them back. Just do some micro surgery on them with super glue or gorilla glue and keep for emergency back ups.

#17 ·
I'd keep the broken ones if they didn't ask you to send them back. Just do some micro surgery on them with super glue or gorilla glue and keep for emergency back ups.

For sure we plan to. They will not sell them on the site but, will replaced them for free. I don't care as long as they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.