Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kimber Adirondack stock coating rubbed off

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2sharp2 
#1 ·
I have the Adirondack in 6.5 Creedmoor and the rubber finish on the stock was smudging off. No bug spray or sunscreen got on it, just from carrying it. Kimber had me send in the rifle, after sending them multiple pictures. They replaced the stock, which is awesome. The only 2 down sides of this, for me, was they wouldn't just let me send in the stock , so I had to take my scope off and they readjusted my trigger from 2.5 lbs to a factory setting of close to 4.5 lbs. I kind of wish I had just kept it and accepted the fact that it a hunting rifle, and it will not look new or newer forever. It shoots great, especially with my SilencerCo Harvester on it.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois sdking35. It's the lawyers that require Kimber to return any gun they service to factory specs. How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois (again). Chuck is spot on, the lawyers are the ones that drive those decisions. Same thing with car dealers, they can ONLY work within factory spec's. You want that fancy 'chip', don't ever expect them to work on your vehicle (DAMHIKT)

#5 ·
That's why I prefer rifles with wood stocks, if they get a mark it is more like history and character, plastic just looks worn out and used.

I knew Kimber would fix it.

Reactions: sdking35
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.