Kimber Talk Forums banner

gun broker

880 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Aggie 
#1 ·
This is a question for all you gun broker veterans. Im looking at a sig p239 sas in 9mm. It says nos and the seller has a a plus rating. Never did this before so please bare with me. How do I go about it, what if its not as posted or damaged, I know not to accept it by means of transfer but what else can happen and what should I look out for. Thanks guys and girls.

#2 · (Edited)
At the bottom of the GB main page help sections for buyers and sellers. If they have a really high seller rating all should be good.
PM me the item # i'll look at it. Is it a "Buy It Now" auction or something you have to bid on.
Most sellers will give you a 3 day (No Fire) inspection period, you must do this at your receiving FFL dealer, once you sign for it it's yours. Once you buy now or win auction you will get notice you WON. Followed by instructions from seller on total cost with shipping, address. Check if there is a fee if you use a credit card most of the time there is. Most will want a United States Postal Money Order for payment that you will mail to them. I always use MO and a Priority Mail envelope with tracking but no signature required, runs about $6 bucks.
If you have any problems or questions feel free to ask me.

I would say I possibly have as many GB purchases as anyone. Never had a problem.

#3 ·
If you need a FFL in our area I know someone and he charges $30. I don’t think he is far from you. He’s in Cresco near the Sunset hills shooting range. I make my purchase and send him an email with the auction number, my information and the gun type I purchased. He emails me back and says I’ll call you when it arrives. It’s very easy. Good luck

#6 ·
Once you get familiar with the process you won't go back. Well you may go "look/shop" but will return home and get on GunBroker.

Reactions: Chuck43
#8 ·
I haven't bought or sold as many as 2sharp2 probably has but I have an A+ rating with 217 transactions and I don't have one negative or neutral. You can click on the feedback number and read the feedback reviews. If they have a good many sales and good feedback, you'll probably be good to go.
Let your dealer know it's coming especially if it's from an individual and not a ffl holder. Some dears will not accept from a non ffl. Just what 2sharp2 said about the inspection. You can't transfer it, take it home to inspect, and then return it. Send the link or auction# to me or 2sharp2 and we'll look for problems.

One thing that you should know, GB'er might, might send a few emails for you if something is wrong but don't depend on GB'er for very much help or at all. Hope this helps.

Jim D

Reactions: 2sharp2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.