Kimber Talk Forums banner

1st time Kimber Owner

1K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Karens 
#1 ·
Have pretty much always been a Glock guy and carried a Glock 19 for work for many years. Recently got to shoot the Micro 9 at Shot Show and really liked it for CCW. I'm sure the pistol at Shot Show was a well broken in and fined tuned weapon. After reading on here that alot of owners have had issues with their Micro 9's hope I made the right choice. Mine arrives today and can't wait to break it in and hope I got a "good" one. Look forward to reading and learning on this site.

RJ
Tijeras, NM

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Mojo505.

I'd take a guess and say that for every person posting about having trouble with a gun there are hundreds that don't bother posting because their guns are running trouble free. The most frequent mistake people make is failure to read the owners manual which is included with every new gun. The manual will tell you to break the gun down and clean and lube it before making your first range visit. It will also suggest the type of ammunition to use during the break in period.

#4 ·
Mojo505, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

I agree with Chuck: Breakdown, clean, lube, shoot. We have found extra lube can be helpful with break-in on the Micro's.

#10 ·
Technically, so am I. I have one wife, and one Kimber. Some pervert then filled my entire house and life with knives!

Welcome to the insanity. Oh, you don't have to be certifiable to become a member--it just helps!

Welcome from Wisconsin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.