Kimber Talk Forums banner

...hit 5K today :-)

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Vided 
#1 ·
Yup, today I hit the 5K mark with my little Kimber. I went ahead and put a new recoil spring in last night as I was in the 1Kish point on the old one. The attached photo shows the old vs new. The new one feels noticeably stiffer. Last ammo order I added some .380 ACP or 9mm Browning as S&B refers to it. The 92gr FMJ to be exact. I fired 50 rounds to each target. My Micro liked it just fine, no problems of ant sort, another 100% outing :)
...target was at 7 yards

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I doubt my Ruger LC9s is going to get anywhere near this round count either, not in my hand anyways, ouch. My Micro has the stock rubber grips and is a soft shooting pistol. I haven't checked the trigger pull but I'll be surprised if it comes in at over 5lbs? It's fun little gun to shoot :)

#4 ·
My Micro has the stock rubber grips and is a soft shooting pistol. I haven't checked the trigger pull but I'll be surprised if it comes in at over 5lbs? It's fun little gun to shoot :)
Mark--- Wow, 5000!

I have a S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 that will never see 500. It's unpleasant -- trigger and grip are bad fits for me.

Can you please post a picture of your Micro with the grips showing?

#6 ·
That's a serious number for a small defensive pistol. I have two that would go way beyond 5000 but both were competition guns that saw a lot of practice rounds back in the day.

One is my 90's Kimber Classic that has been used for IPSC & USPSA and I'm about to do it's fourth or fifth re-spring. I got one of the Wilson flat spring kits that everyone here talks about. I also got one for the Sig TACOPS I picked up at a gun show last year. It's used but doesn't appear to be high mileage but what the hell … the new spring kits aren't expensive.

I'd guess my Clark Ruger Bullseye gun is way over 5000, that's only 10 bricks. It's probably closer to 20-25K. I've had it since 1981. I've shot it in NRA Bullseye, silhouettes, and as a squirrel gun. My finger prints are worn into the front strap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.