Kimber Talk Forums banner

Joyce sends her thanks...

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  The Tourist 
#1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, my best supplier is Joyce, over at Horizon Bladeworks, 828-884-4302.

Now, as a knife salesman I often have to deal with vendors that carry a priority knife or a model Joyce does not stock. Truth be told, these vendors often send me knives with asymmetrical bevels, or the stuff arrives late, or I only get deals if I threaten to hang up.

Joyce would rather apologize and personally wrap your knives because that's what she considers is "a business." The first thing she told me today on the telephone was that she had filled some orders "for KimberTalk."

She thanks you, and I thank you. Each one of those knives is personally inspected and packed by her. And if you ever get a decorative scratch, she'll make it good--and you can take that to the bank without a care.

Now for the humorous part. Joyce's husband Nick and my wife don't understand how Joyce and I can sit on the telephone for an hour and talk 'knives.' We even trade knives. When the first Barges came out I sent her two of them, both polished--she packed orders with them.

Nick stopped her one day and asked why she was not using their own brand for doing the shipping and receiving. Joyce just told him, "Oh, Chico polished these for me, and they last longer than some of ours..."

She later laughed and told me that Nick asked her why a blade-head would give her knives, especially ones they do not sell. He had sighed, "He (Chico) does know we are a cutlery distributor, doesn't he?"

Oh, and finally, as I was wrapping up our call, I asked her to sell me a knife, a very pricey "Tuxedo Automatic 1.9 Inch Tanto." She was wrapping it as we parted company, and then she added, "I can do better on the price than listed..."

If you're going to buy a decent knife--and you do not want to worry about the transaction--call Joyce. Even if you're an older Rhodesian Mercenary, Joyce knows more about the knife you carried than you do!

And it's fun just to schmooze with her...thanks, guys.

BTW, guys, the knife I just bought from Joyce is listed below. My wife likes smaller automatics and eats with them at our favorite restaurant, "Doolitles." If you're looking for a smaller, yet high quality switchblade, check this one out...

https://www.nicnac.net/contents/en-..._Runt_J4_Tuxedo_Ivory_Micarta_Tanto_5452.html

See less See more
#2 ·
My wife likes smaller automatics and eats with them at our favorite restaurant, "Doolitles."
:D Tuesday night at dinner I whipped out my BB Barge to cut up my very own miniature green pepper!

I'm getting LOTS of peppers on my plants: First time growing peppers! So I grabbed the biggest one (about 3" tall) before I left home and cut it up to add to my chicken parm... YIPPEE!

El

#3 ·
Im one of em Tourist. Thank you for putting me onto the Protech TR-2. Great knife. I like it a lot more than my Benchmades. Have a Reflex that I was always afraid of snapping the blade (i abuse my knives). So I bought a 9051 AFO and its huge and heavy. The Protech fits the bill nicely. The blade is almost as heavy as the Benchmade, but it is a lot thinner and lighter. And it fires a lot faster. Meant to thank you sooner, but thanks for the tip Tourist.

#5 ·
I noticed he seemed quiet all the sudden again. What did I miss? I thought I was at least quickly perusing all the new activity here every day, although admittedly I've had some significant distraction this month.

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah, sorry guys. I forgot the details of my demise were overstated--that, and I dovetailed a new message on an old thread.

Edit: As for the colder, windy weather, I just looked outside and found that rain had fallen. I was still debating if I should hit the gym, as my truck was back from service. But I'll bet that rain is freezing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.