Kimber Talk Forums banner

Biggest Pistol I Own

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Holster 
#1 ·
S&W 500Magnum 4inch barrel. Why, you ask? I don't know, was always intrigued by them, longer barreled models way to heavy IMO. The 4 inch is heavy, muzzle heavy enough but it's not like I'm going to conceal carry it. It had been fired 7 times the empty cases was in the box with the rest of the ammo.

Oh the cartridge with the silver case is a .44 Magnum. Other is 500Magnum.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
A couple of years ago, I picked up a fired 500 S&W Casing off the ground at the range and decided that I wanted the Gun that it fit. And so I bought a 8" 500.
Eventually I decided to sell the 500 and replace it with a 460 since it will fire 45 Colt, and 454 Casull in addition to the 460s. I love shooting my 5" 460V.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I have a lowly S&W 629 Classic 8 3/8 inch barrel 44 Magnum in polished stainless. I bought it after watchin "Dirty Harry" one night and thought it would be a novelty BUT I love to shoot it. It's accurate and has a nice kick to it! My little wife has even shot it and didn't even wimper!

Looking for an IWB holster from it but I'd probably walk like "Chester" from the old "Gunsmoke" TV show.....LOL! Just kidding!

Would like to find a leather shoulder rig or bandolier holster for it but they're expensive! Just in case I ever needed a hand cannon for a SHTF situation!

#9 · (Edited)
A range officer at one of the ranges I go to said to let him know before I am going to shoot it because he said sometimes they'll cause his pacemaker to fire.....

#18 ·
Nice score there, Arland! :)

My big bore love started in 1970 with a S&W M29 8" .44 Mag....just two inches longer than Harry's revolver in the movies. A few mule deer and some wild hogs fell to it with my Keith 250gr hard cast handloads.

That Smith eventually evolved into a 4" stainless M629, then into TWO M29's which I still have; a 6-1/2" M629 Classic stainless full lug I use in camp when elk hunting in a shoulder holster, the other is a M29 Classic blue, full lug in 3" round butt with an unfluted cylinder....a Lew Horton special edition which was never a catalog item.

I LOVE my Smith .44's! :D

#19 · (Edited)
My Biggest Pistol

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

......460 Rowland......

A little wimpy compared to some of your revolver cartridges but the biggest thing I have to worry about up here in Big Sky are bears. Don't have to kill a T Rex or a Woolly Mammoth. It is only deployed for campground security while sitting at the campfire.
Nine rounds of 44 magnum power in a very soft shooting but LOUD pistol.

#20 ·
I've got Ruger Blackhawks in .41 and .44 mag, Rowland .460 mag but the biggest is my Thompson Contender in .35 Herrett. It's based on a 30/30 case expanded to .35 caliber and trimmed back about 1/8", ballistic wise it's about like a .35 Remington. My longest shot with it dropped an antelope at 185 yards with a single shot.

#24 · (Edited)
I was looking for a S&W m29, but I could not find one. One dealer told me that he has a Super Redhawk .44mag, with a long barrel. I bought it, and it has on the barrel 'Model of 1988', the first year of this model. I got a Desert Eagle from one whose wife said that if you want the Camero, then get rid of something. It is .50AE Titanium. It is a handful when I shoot it one handed, so that the other guy on the other end of the open two-way Nextel could hear it, while he was at work. I compared the S&W .500mag to the .460, and I felt that three was better than one. .45LC, .454 Casull, and .460.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.