Kimber Talk Forums banner

OWB for Micro 9

6K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  jcline8 
#1 · (Edited)
#12 ·
I bought my OWB holster (leather) directly from the Kimber shop. It made to be carried on the weak side toward the front. IE a right-handed draw reaches across the body to reach the gun. I like it because it gets in the way less than most IWB holsters, and it is in a place that doesn't aggravate when driving a car or sitting in a chair. Easy enough to hide until the heat arrives. Then I carry my micro-9 in my pocket.

#17 ·
I carry my Micro 9 as my EDC. 95% of the time, I carry it OWB. I like the Crossbreed SnapSide Holster which is leather/kydex hybrid. But I've just recently purchased a Mitch Rosen leather holster and a Mitch Rosen leather magazine holster that I am absolutely in love with. The Crossbreed holster keeps it tight, and it's great, but the MR Leather Holster snugs it up even further. Kimber Shop sells them with the Kimber logo on the holster.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I carry my Micro 9 as my EDC. 95% of the time, I carry it OWB. I like the Crossbreed SnapSide Holster which is leather/kydex hybrid. But I've just recently purchased a Mitch Rosen leather holster and a Mitch Rosen leather magazine holster that I am absolutely in love with. The Crossbreed holster keeps it tight, and it's great, but the MR Leather Holster snugs it up even further. Kimber Shop sells them with the Kimber logo on the holster.
I was going to go with the MR but they didn't come with a leather flap protecting the body from the hammer.

#23 ·
Sure? Probably be fine as long as nobody has the drop on you with a shotgun!!

#26 ·
Another 'never leave home without it'....

Not off the rack, custom made by Adams Leatherworks in TX. One man shop, made one at a time. The quality equals or exceeds my Milt Sparks holsters at a slightly better price with much better delivery.

Going on three years now, gets worn virtually every day. I'm sold. :)

#27 ·
My new holster

Pretty sweet! I love it! Note the color of the holster matches the addition of my sculptured bloodwood wooden piece at the floor plate of the magazine. That was sort of coincidental and worked out great. The addition makes the grip a bit more comfortable.

Question: Once you have the holster broken in will the fit continue to loosen having the gun seated around the clock as well as many practice draws? I broke it in as per instructions - wrapped in plastic and seated for an hour and a half. Seems perfect. The gun will come out after a half dozen or so hard shakes upside down. Once broken in will the fit continue to loosen having the gun seated around the clock as well as many practice draws? I don't think I want it any looser.

Attachments

#28 ·
The gun will come out after a half dozen or so hard shakes upside down.
The oldest top-tier leather holster that I still use is from the late 90's, and it's still just fine. Granted, I don't wear this one often, but NONE of my "good" holsters have gotten sloppy.

Maybe part of the reason is that when wearing the holster, my belt and my ample side-meat actually tightens up the retention. As long as some giant doesn't grab my legs and give me a half dozen hard shakes upside down, I figure I'm golden.

#31 ·
Another vote for Winthrop for the Micro 9.

#33 ·
as much as I love a good Leather Holster, I have some kydex holsters as well due to the thin nature.

I also have the Vedder IWB as someone else posted a picture I like it a lot better than the Kimber Desantis leather holster I bought from the factory as it is much thinner. I also have the We the People holster mentioned by the O.P. it is actually not bad. It is a paddle so it is easy to put on and remove when I go hiking and very light so I do not even feel the Micro when hiking. My third most used holster is the simple leather pocket holster by Kimber (galco) it is great when I am wearing my cargo shorts as the Micro 9 disappears in my shorts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.