Kimber Talk Forums banner

Just one

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  GoingSolo 
#1 ·
If you could only have one handgun what would it be? What caliber? Why? If you own it now; show a picture. If you don't own it well Google it and post a picture. If you want to include a long rifle add that too. I'll let you have one long rifle and one handgun. Isn't that generous of me? Now, carry-on.

#11 · (Edited)
He won't.... He'll trade them all in for a solid stainless steel smoker with all the bells and whistles.

However, in my case, my HK45

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cucamonga kid
#6 ·
Glock 20. It will kill anything and be cleaned by just pissing on it.

For a rifle, I don't care. I can use a Ruger 10/22 or handload any centerfire.

But if I was to view this as a singular possession, I would also think "food." I'd get a lever action Marlin Guild Gun in 45-70. You can cast your own bullets out of scrap wheel weights, and kill anything on the North American continent.

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g20

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/arms...871_01_marlin_1895_guide_gun_45_70_st_640.jpg

#10 ·
I have a couple of Kimbers that would be hard to part with but when push comes down to shove my Super Carry Pro .45 would be the keeper. It's my EDC, it's been ultra dependable through the 2000+ rounds I've fired through it. It loves almost any load and is more accurate then I'm capable of shooting.

When it comes to a long gun that's a no brainer. I have many hunting and competition rifles but the keeper would be my grandfathers .32-20 1873 Winchester that he bought brand new in 1905.

#16 · (Edited)
Revolver...The Colt Python Elite 357 because it is just so freaking cool....IMO

Not a rifle guy, but I would want my fathers Browning A1 that my mama bought for him back in the 50's from Sears & Roebuck...

I wish that I could have seen her on the bus carrying that box....:)

BTW...My oldest brother is getting the shotgun and Marshall gets his bibles....:confused:

Attachments

#22 ·
I only need one gun. I do not carry a back up and I trust my life to a 1911. I taught the use of a 1911 in the Army. I have carried one ever since other than when some employer required I use a Glock. I was raised with my father's WWII 1911 and although I have a lot of guns, the 1911 is all I need. As long as it is a good, proven 1911, brand is not important to me.

God only made one caliber and that was .45acp. Anything else is just for play time. I have testified in many trials after shootings and the .45acp stops the fight better than any other.

#24 ·
I only need one gun. I do not carry a back up and I trust my life to a 1911. I taught the use of a 1911 in the Army. I have carried one ever since other than when some employer required I use a Glock. I was raised with my father's WWII 1911 and although I have a lot of guns, the 1911 is all I need. As long as it is a good, proven 1911, brand is not important to me.

God only made one caliber and that was .45acp. Anything else is just for play time. I have testified in many trials after shootings and the .45acp stops the fight better than any other.
I must have missed that lesson in Sunday School when I was a lad...:)

Better than a 44 mag ??

#27 ·
No, the tax is only on ammo sold in Chicago/Cook county. They've had a firearm tax of $25.00 for a couple of years now. Buy a gun in Chicago/cook county and they tack on an extra $25.00, they are trying to slowly drive gun and ammo sales out of there.

Reactions: Marshall
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.