I do not know what Freedom Munition's relationship to this site is... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > The Ammo Can

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2016, 06:06 AM   #1

Angry I do not know what Freedom Munition's relationship to this site is...

..but I feel very strongly about posting this. I posted it elsewhere as well:

My wife and I drove up to Jersey Village (Houston) to pick up some .38 & .357 ammo from the Freedom Munitions store there. We walked into the store and saw three people working there and one other couple as customers. No greeting or any other acknowledgement that we even existed. One of the people "working" there was semi helping the other couple while the other two were busy playing on their phones and chatting. After the couple left, one of the three left and the other two began chatting among themselves, despite the fact that we were 10 feet from them and looking in their direction for help. Finally, we asked what the problem was and received a snotty retort from the one clerk as if I was disturbing him. We purchased the ammo, as I had driven too far to walk out empty handed. Needless to say, while on the way home, we called and left a message at their corporate office. We shall see if Freedom bothers to call me back.

As it stands now, I see no reason to do further business with Freedom Munitions and I am recommending others consider our experience as well.
Pops6116 likes this.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2016, 06:12 AM   #2

I was unaware there was a retail outlet. I think the vast majority of us order online and have it delivered to the house. Poor customer service is unacceptable. Reporting your experience to management is completely reasonable, but think I would have done it in writing, including the store location and the names of the "worker" if I knew it.

I will continue to purchase their ammo. It works well and is reasonably priced. If you like their product, but not the retail service, you may consider ordering online. Wait for a holiday and get the free shipping.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:14 AM   #3

I would not, not do biz with them. Just chalk it up to most likely youngins that need their arses whooped. FM is a great company that supplies us with good online services as well as exceptional ammo.
You did the right thing with the email, but don't let them be the impression on a whole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2016, 06:25 AM   #4

I believe that the majority of us order our ammo from Idaho via the www.

I have nothing to say but good things about their customer service and their ammo , but I wouldn't do business with that retail location if that's how they really were..

If you have Facebook, go on their page and blast their ass..Social media has a way of opening upper management's eyes. .
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #5

Nothing like a public ass chewing to get someone's attention.
Marshall, Mini Me and PaulWVa like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:39 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
Nothing like a public ass chewing to get someone's attention.
You got that right Gator

https://www.facebook.com/FreedomStartsHere/?fref=ts
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:42 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Freedom Munitions has no ties to the Kimber Talk forum.

I have been shooting their ammo almost exclusively for just over 4 years now and I agree with what everyone else has posted here. I purchase my ammo online, the one time there was a mistake (they shipped 9mm instead of .45) they shipped the .45 I ordered and told me to keep the 9mm, no charge.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:58 AM   #8

It seems that if a cell phone carrying teen (including a lot of adults) are behind the counter customer service is poor or to the point of unacceptable. I agree you should let the higher ups know what's going on in their store.
I got turned on to freedom from all the good reviews from other members here. My advice is Order early before there is a need for it though. They have Good stuff and good prices. only "complaint" I have had is I have been waiting over 2 weeks for my order to arrive but they had a big banner on their site stating they were backed up with a lot of orders and I did order quite a bit. It is worth the wait to me.
MPO Southy and Marshall like this.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:42 AM   #9

I did leave a message with their corporate office with the individual's name and did post on their FB page. I do realize that this may not be indicative of the whole company, but unless the problem is addressed and rectified, I must proceed as if it is. I asked if there were any ties to Kimbertalk because I did not wish to harm this site in any way.

The ball is in their court. If they show a willingness to address the situation, I am willing to consider this a one-off incident. If not, they will lose a customer and I will let other customers know as well. In fairness, my previous interactions with FM have not been as troublesome as this one.

In any case, I will reserve further judgment until I receive a response.
The Colonel and DaveinNC like this.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:01 AM   #10

I have little tolerance for bad customer service when its that bad. I picked up a gun I has shipped to a local gun shop earlier this year - stood waiting while the guy behind the counter practiced his quick draw. Never going back.
Markie and DaveinNC like this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote