LAX ammo - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > The Ammo Can

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #1

LAX ammo

SO I like LAX ammo their load and reloaded ammo is very good consistent quality and cleaner than many factory ammo's.

Having a free shipping for a few days on their brand over $99
( umm how can you not be over that????)
Put in an order at 6 am pt today ... received shipping numbers 2 pm. That's pretty damn good turn around

Still waiting on shipping from freedom orders on 13th and 16th. I know they are claiming backed up and 5- to 10 business days. I will give them the 10 days till I call.
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2016, 09:44 PM   #2

Freedom has always ran well for me. If there is slow shipping, it doesn't bother me. I will never run low, I just replenish when the good sales happen. LAX is in CA, so I have to pay tax with them, they are out!

Always be ready - 5.11
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:35 AM   #3

I've used LAX before. The ammo was good. I found it inconvenient to receive a plastic ammo box of 500 loose bullets.
Chuck43, Marshall and swca like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2016, 06:36 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
I found it inconvenient to receive a plastic ammo box of 500 loose bullets.
Funny, I'm the opposite. I liked getting their ammo box like that. I still buy most of my ammo from https://www.orrtactical.com/ , But Alan doesn't carry .45 Colt & .357 (yet) and y'all know my feelings about Freedom Munitions . LAX seems pretty decent, plus they are one of the few places I can find FMJ .45 Colt for my SAA.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:46 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
Funny, I'm the opposite. I liked getting their ammo box like that. I still buy most of my ammo from https://www.orrtactical.com/ , But Alan doesn't carry .45 Colt & .357 (yet) and y'all know my feelings about Freedom Munitions . LAX seems pretty decent, plus they are one of the few places I can find FMJ .45 Colt for my SAA.
Yeah I have many factory boxes that I fill up for the range and to store in. I find other uses for the plastic ammo cans they ship in as well.

And they also make 44 special in FMJ that I like to shoot out of the S&W 29. Mags are fun but they pound the hands after a bit.
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:52 AM   #6

The bulk cans are fine for me. It gives me the ability of keeping track of inventory. What I do is load up the cabinet with color coded plastic ammo boxes. Ever caliber has its own color. I use these:
https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Round-Fli...s=mtm+ammo+box

Granted, I have to fill them, but no biggy. It's just as therapudic as cleaning my guns. Since using these, can can honestly say my inventory is plus or minus by 2-3 rounds. Reason for this is, my brain may miss a few here and there....

As far as the actual inventory, I use to use aspread sheet. But this ap is sooo much better...
Gun Log SPC

It does much more than inventory, the author keeps up with the trends and it can contain weapon inventory, ammo counts, stock, accessories, serial numbers, you name it. It will also allow you to print out reports and pdfs. You can put in a range session for instance and it will automatically update your ammo inventory. Worth every penny. It's always in my iphone and ipad. So if there is ever a question when I'm in the field, the answers are with me.
starnovi and Longhorn like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #7

Grrrr... :mad:

I typically order from Freedom Munitions or SG Ammo.

Sometimes I order from LAX. Usually I'm disappointed with them, but soon I forget and then I make the mistake of ordering from them again. This time I'm coming here to complain about it, and maybe typing it out will solidify the experience in my mind so I don't forget next time.

Their ammo is good. I have no problems with it. This time I ordered up a bunch of 9mm. Most recently I ordered from Freedom, so this time around I'd order from the home team. After all, they're only 25 miles from here.

After I ordered, I remembered that I pay tax when ordering there. Shucks. That's twenty bucks down the tube. Oh, well. That's less than a round of drinks, and LAX is always prompt to ship. I let the order stand. The package was to be delivered today, coincidentally on the same day as a shipment from SG. When I got home, the UPS guy had left a fifty pound box from SG on the front porch--and a note saying that he couldn't deliver the LAX box. It needs a signature. WTF is up with that? I paid the twenty dollar penalty to deal with LAX, and now I get to enjoy the inconvenience of asking around to see if any of the neighbors will be home tomorrow. Thanks, LAX.
Chuck43, Marshall and 2sharp2 like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #8

I didn't like that the LAX ammo came loose....Do you have any idea how long it took me to count out 1K rounds ??

Good ammo, but at least my FM orders come in 50 round boxes...
Chuck43 and Hoffbrew like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #9

True dat. I like the plastic ammo cans, but it takes a LONG time to put each round into a proper box.
Chuck43, Marshall and Hoffbrew like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:51 PM   #10
Super Moderator

I used to order from them but the loose ammo was a pain and I had no use for the plastic cans. Freedom Munitions is the way I go for all my range ammo
Marshall and Hawker800 like this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote