+P in a Kimber? - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > The Ammo Can

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2020, 04:17 PM   #11

WOW Gypsy, really old thread but welcome to the site from Tennessee.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Kimber 84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
Kimber SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
Kimber 84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum gypsy, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and where your located.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:44 AM   #13

Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
I contacted Kimber today asking about the springs, I was wondering if I should install a heaver spring than the stock 18.5 lb, and questions about frame bashing using hot loads, I have a 10mm Kimber Eclipse, they said the gun can handle +P ammo, but DO NOT use +P+, my question was that I reload using longshot and bludot powder, I usually load middle of the road as far as charges go, but I have no idea if I am loading +P+ loads by loading the max. So to answer your question about +P ammo, according to Kimber it is safe to shoot
Welcome to KT gypsy. I have no doubt what you were told has been relayed accurately. That being said it's unlikely you were speaking with an engineer. I believe Chuck paraphrased the manuel with the "steady diet" mention. Kimbers are designed to function with +P ammo but you will be putting excess stress on the pistol. A few mags to verify function of carry ammo and I'd suspect there won't be an issue. For range ammo I'm thinking you're asking for trouble. Keep in mind aluminum framed pistols would be more likely than steel to potentially suffer.
As far as using your own production ammo we now get into a sorta sketchy area. I mean no offense just thought it'd be worth mentioning... If you have established data that comes from a known standard pressure chart I think you're fine even at the upper ends of the data. Like the experts all suggest, work your way up to those latitudes and thoroughly examine the cases for signs of excess pressure as well as your pistol for signs of problems. Expect the recoil spring to get fried prematurely. We have several esteemed members who fall into the "guru" category when it comes to ammo production and they can surely pick up the ball to get into all the fun that may come with venturing "off the charts" I'd suggest NOT doing it, you'll probably live but having both hands is nice right
...on the bright side there are several options out there for guys who like hot rod shooters. If you dig around here there are a few .460 Rowland threads. Those .460s are way cool :-)
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
can i shoot p in my kimber 45
can you shoot plus p ammo in kimber micro 9mm?
kimber 45 lw government

kimber custom lw 45 and p ammo

kimber micro 380 can it shot p
kimber micro 380 can it shot p+

kimber micro 9mm p ammo

plus p ammo for kimber lw 9mm

Click on a term to search for related topics.