Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Tejun
  • 2 Post By Tejun
  • 5 Post By Deputy347k9
  • 1 Post By Longhorn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #1

Freedom Munitions

A while back I posted a thread about an order that I had placed with FM and was ranting about how long it was taking and ultimately had ended up cancelling the order. After receiving much feedback about positive experiences, I re-ordered and received my ammo within the timeframe indicated when placing the order (I think it took a week or so, can't remember exactly).

After shooting the ammo, I was pleased with it so this morning I placed another order. Needed some 45 ACP ammo and got some 9mm as well. Order was placed at 9:15am (when I received order confirmation) and I just received a shipment notice email at 1:47pm.

Thats pretty impressive !!!
2sharp2 and starnovi like this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #2

They actually have a store here in Houston, but its a crappy drive through all kinds of freeway construction areas so I just sit at my desk and gladly pay the shipping (albeit at a reasonable fixed rate) rather than risking life & limb to get out on the infamous Houston freeways.
Hawker800 and starnovi like this.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #3

In the past couple of years I have ordered bulk ammo from Freedom Munitions without any hiccups. My latest order was for 1K 380 rounds with free shipping, ordered on line at 2013 hours on January 15, 2017. Order received my home in NC at 1630 on January 25, 2017. Not bad and no taxes with free shipping. No where nearby could touch the price. My thanks.
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 2 others like this.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2017, 07:51 PM   #4

I just bought a bunch of .357 & .45 Colt from LAX. Nice shooting stuff at a good price.
Jflytle likes this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 01-30-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #5

Good GOD Almighty Chuck, what happened to thread highway jacking enforcement? Actually IDGAF.

I am surmising that with Trump winning the demand for ammo has decreased and places like Freedom have better capacity to meet orders in a more timely way.

I have found local ammo dealers that are giving good enough pricing (not as good as FM) and have reliable ammo. I had issues with freedom ammo in 45 ACP a couple of years back and before you ask, that was confirmed to be ammo as we tested it across different guns and got the same issues. Probably a bad batch as many have had good results with freedom but I got a bum batch so that's all it takes sometimes.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:22 PM   #6

I have been reading the different post about FM. After looking at their website and being I live in a suburb of Houston I thought I would check their store out. To my surprise their store prices are higher then what the website states. When I asked them about it I was told it was because there was no shipping charge, they will get you one way or another. Bought some ammo anyway hope I am happy with it.
Supertool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Supertool View Post
I have been reading the different post about FM. After looking at their website and being I live in a suburb of Houston I thought I would check their store out. To my surprise their store prices are higher then what the website states. When I asked them about it I was told it was because there was no shipping charge, they will get you one way or another. Bought some ammo anyway hope I am happy with it.
I also live in Houston, but decided to order online instead of risking life & limb on the freeway to get to them. I have been happy with their ammo so far. I wish they offered 380 ammo in FMJ Round Nose, but stopped by their booth at the Pasadena Gun Show last weekend and asked the guy and he said they only sold 380 FMJ in the Flat Nose type.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #8

If Needville in Fort Bend County isn't too far, I cannot recommend Orr Tactical highly enough. Orr Tactical - Home . Alan and Rod are good, solid guys who make a really good product. I only wish they made ammo for my revolvers as well.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote