walmart ammo - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > The Ammo Can

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #1

walmart ammo

I don't normally buy ammo at walmart but I was there and needed some. When they went to ring it up I was asked if it was for a rifle or pistol, I told them it wasn't any their f___ing business and then was if I had a CCW permit, again my answer was it wasn't any their f___ing business and they could keep their over priced sh*t.
Is the their new policy? or is just my local walmart that's doing this?
starnovi likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #2

Good question. I don't know, I'm in Tennessee also. I have checked prices and availability at the Walmart that I go to most often but have NOT bought any because they still think there is a ammo shortage and that they can charge any price they want and the sheeple will pay it. I have not bought ammo from Walmart for probably close to 10 years.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
wfm

I bought ammo last week at the Columbia, Tenn Walmart, and the only question they ask me was if that would be all.
Rangemeister and 2sharp2 like this.
wfm is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #4

It could just be the Sweetwater walmart, considering their arsehole's anyway. It's the Walmart that I know that tries to stop everyone at the door to check their receipts year round.
wfm likes this.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #5

Walmart is overpriced? I've been on the look out for 9mm and Walmart seems to have better prices that what I've found elsewhere (especially in smaller packages) unless it's on sale. Although, I've only really compared to big box sporting good stores and local gun shops, not trade shows yet.

Where do you all normally go for ammo? I'm especially looking for defense rounds, since I should have enough FMJ for awhile.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

GoCart, I generally buy from vendors at gun shows, not-so-local LGS (want to help them stay in business), and online, mostly MidwayUSA. The big box sporting goods stores in my area tend to be a bit high.

Occasionally I can catch a good sale at Midway that pays for the shipping, or a free shipping day. That's for rimfire and defensive ammo, I reload for range ammo mostly.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #7

I generally get mine online, or GS's I an't seem to find deals at the shows. I've been looking to reloading maybe after the first of the start trying that out.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #8

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
I generally get mine online, or GS's I an't seem to find deals at the shows. I've been looking to reloading maybe after the first of the start trying that out.
If you start handloading you'll never shoot factory ammo again. Many advantages to handloading, besides the cost you'll shoot more and be able to Taylor your loads to your guns. I carry Factory loads for self defence only, everything else that goes down the barrel is hand loaded.
Phonejack likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #9

Thanks for the feed back DaveinNC and wayne. I hadn't really considered online before browsing around on here. I'll have to look into it more.

As far as hand-loading goes, I experienced it as a child with my father as he hand-loaded rifle rounds, but unfortunately it comes down to a convenience vs. time thing for me. It seems that life with a child barely gives me enough time to get out for range time as it is. While my priorities lie elsewhere, I really wouldn't have it any other way. Still I try to devote enough time and respect to things like a CCW to make sure it not just a noisemaker. Otherwise it could be more of a liability than an asset.
GoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
I carry Factory loads for self defence only, everything else that goes down the barrel is hand loaded.
What is the reasoning on this?