Breathing new life into an old rcbs reloader - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > The Ammo Can

Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,423
Just before i threw away a broken bug fogger today i went..waiiiiit....its green...and better than a bowl..no more flinging shells over the edge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7085.jpg (1.37 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7086.jpg (1.61 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7090.jpg (1.81 MB, 3 views)
Oklahomabound likes this.

Last edited by Shootinit; 06-26-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,423
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 113
If anything needs replacing contact RCBS and it will soon be on the way-most often at no charge.
Oklahomabound likes this.
langenc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,423
Originally Posted by langenc View Post
If anything needs replacing contact RCBS and it will soon be on the way-most often at no charge.
good luck with that..they don't keep these old parts around
__________________
When in doubt, whip it out.The life you save may be your own.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Valley Forge, Pa
Posts: 379
Send a message via AIM to loadedround
Haven't seen one of those old RCBS progressive presses in years. They were really super presses and way out of my price range back then. Great find, enjoy it and good luck with it!
loadedround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Oklahomabound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line
Posts: 898
...really nice setup... I have and use an old RCBS Rock Chucker, it works as good today as it did when it was new.... I added a primer feed to it... and yes, I am a dinosaur...
__________________
SASS life
NRA life
Retired Twice
Oklahomabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Rick in Oregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: High Desert of Central Oregon
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by Oklahomabound View Post
...really nice setup... I have and use an old RCBS Rock Chucker, it works as good today as it did when it was new.... I added a primer feed to it... and yes, I am a dinosaur...
From another dinosaur, and this will be a bit hard to believe, but in right at 66 years of constant use, my old Rockchucker finally had way too much tolerance, and was giving .006" slop on my precision rifle rounds. My dad and I used it for ten years before it became "mine".

I finally retired the old girl and got a Redding Ultra Mag single stage press. No better than my old rig, just a brand I use their dies for those precision rifle rounds. I won't live long enough to ever wear this new baby out, she's purty dang skookum.

I probably could have sent to them, and they most likely would have replaced it. They have some of the best CS I ever experienced. High marks to RCBS.
Chuck43 and Oklahomabound like this.
__________________
Semper Fortis
USN Amphibious/RVN 1966
NRA Life, VVA
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Oklahomabound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line
Posts: 898
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
From another dinosaur, and this will be a bit hard to believe, but in right at 66 years of constant use, my old Rockchucker finally had way too much tolerance, and was giving .006" slop on my precision rifle rounds. My dad and I used it for ten years before it became "mine".

I finally retired the old girl and got a Redding Ultra Mag single stage press. No better than my old rig, just a brand I use their dies for those precision rifle rounds. I won't live long enough to ever wear this new baby out, she's purty dang skookum.

I probably could have sent to them, and they most likely would have replaced it. They have some of the best CS I ever experienced. High marks to RCBS.
I do some precision loading but it is with the Holy Black Powder not that heathen smokeless powder that will never catch on.... I use a 30" drop for the Holy Black... ...load .45-90, .38-55 precision long range rifle loads with the long drop... all other calibers get a normal drop from the Black Powder loader....
Chuck43 and Larry58 like this.
__________________
SASS life
NRA life
Retired Twice
Oklahomabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Story of my life..... Fredneck72 Off-Topic Discussion Forum 13 01-04-2017 12:13 PM