Kimber Talk Forums banner

6.5CM Adirondack

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Fireflite 
#1 ·
What weight and make bullets/projectiles are you having success with and starting loads? I was going to try 143gr ELD-X's for red deer.

#2 ·
Sorry you haven't gotten a response but I know many of us don't own a Kimber rifle (I want one but $$$) and those that do own a Kimber rifle do not shoot that caliber.

Reactions: Fireflite
#5 ·
Hi Maineia64, It's a whole different ball game owning hand guns over here. Different licence, different safes to store them in (all firearms must secured when not in use), you must be a member of a pistol club, a minimum requirement for the amount of club days you attend per year to retain your license, not for use for hunting, not allowed to be carried in public and probably other things! I have the rifles to hunt deer, wallabies, thar, chamois and bunnies. I will post some pics of the 2 Kimbers I have 1x 22-250 Pro Varmint and the 6.5 Creedmoor Adirondack in a few days. Cheers for the reply:)!

#8 ·
I do not own a Kimber Rifle but I do own a Ruger #1 in .22-250 that is one fast round it is really fun to shoot. I would buy a Kimber if I ever ran into a Left hand bolt action.

Reactions: Fireflite
#9 ·
A few pic's of the Kimbers. The Adirondack is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and is going to be my Light Weight bush rifle. The Rifle with upgraded titanium bolt handle, Talley rings and 2.5-8x36 VX3 Leupold weighs 5.7Lb. The Pro Varmint is chambered in 22-250 and sends a 52gr at 3750fps. Both rifles have suppressors but I will not be using one on the Adirondack as the whole idea was to keep it light and all going well, 1 shot is all that will be needed :D. The Adirondack has a factory Carbon/Kevlar stock, fluted bolt, 18" barrel and Aluminium (Aluminum to you guys - I work at an Aluminium Smelter :)) trigger guard and a blind mag, all helping to keep the weight down. The Pro Varmint Has a laminated stock, bottom plate mag, fluted heavy barrel and standard weight bolt from the factory. It has a 4.5-14x40 LR VX3 Leupold with 30mm tube and M1 turrets. This has shot (and dropped) a wallaby at 497yrds. The pic of the bolts shows difference between the standard and lightened. Why the Kimbers? They are very well made, accurate, shoulder fantastically (Adirondack) and my mates don't have any ;)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.