It won't be long !!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > EVO

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #1

It won't be long !!!

...I just had an Email show up from Kimber. The EVOs are shipping out!!! Get your popcorn ready :-)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Tejun and 1 others like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #2

Brace for impact of barrage of new members posts, whine, whine I spent a lot of money and my brand new EVO won't fire a full magazine without a malfunction. No I didn't inspect, clean and lube or read the manual, I'm an expert long time, exmilitary/LEO, or young YouTube viewer. I didn't need it.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #3

The Solo is prettier.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #4

I ordered an EVO SP from Sportsmas Outdoor Super Store on Wednesday-arrived Friday. Today was Saturday, and I took it out for a first try. First I took it apart for a quick look and a light lube. I also picked up a couple more magazines-i can confirm that the Micro 9 7 rd mags are exactly the same-i bought two of them, they are the same mag. Also, I bought and tried a Micro 9 flush 6 rd mag. It fit, fed and worked just fine-no problems. I kind of like it in the EVO
150+ rounds without so much as a hiccup. I shot fast, slow, and dumped full mags. Also put one in the chamber then a full mag for 7+1. No problems. I shot Federal AE 147 gr FMJ and Winchester NATO 124 gr FMJ. I tried some Sig Hollow point carry rounds-just fine. I did NOT have any 115gr FMJ with me to try
Gotta say-shoots flat, feel great-recoil very manageable. 147gr felt a bit better to me. I only shot paper at 8 yds today-but found it very accurate, with a predictable low point of impact at that range.
I took my Sig P365 with me today-the EVO is almost identical in size (the 7rd extended mag makes it bigger when the Sig has the flush mag in)
They shoot similar-and compare well to me. Similar recoil, point of impact, sight picture, etc.
Pros for the Sig-the grips and texture, and in a metal frame fan. For the Sig-well, I love the hand feel...and 10+1
I’m a lefty-both work well for me

All said-I thought I was gambling a bit to grab one of these so soon...mine is great-very good build quality, and man, did it shoot well. Zero malfunctions is a great start
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:29 AM   #5

Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
I ordered an EVO SP from Sportsmas Outdoor Super Store on Wednesday-arrived Friday. Today was Saturday, and I took it out for a first try. First I took it apart for a quick look and a light lube. I also picked up a couple more magazines-i can confirm that the Micro 9 7 rd mags are exactly the same-i bought two of them, they are the same mag. Also, I bought and tried a Micro 9 flush 6 rd mag. It fit, fed and worked just fine-no problems. I kind of like it in the EVO
150+ rounds without so much as a hiccup. I shot fast, slow, and dumped full mags. Also put one in the chamber then a full mag for 7+1. No problems. I shot Federal AE 147 gr FMJ and Winchester NATO 124 gr FMJ. I tried some Sig Hollow point carry rounds-just fine. I did NOT have any 115gr FMJ with me to try
Gotta say-shoots flat, feel great-recoil very manageable. 147gr felt a bit better to me. I only shot paper at 8 yds today-but found it very accurate, with a predictable low point of impact at that range.
I took my Sig P365 with me today-the EVO is almost identical in size (the 7rd extended mag makes it bigger when the Sig has the flush mag in)
They shoot similar-and compare well to me. Similar recoil, point of impact, sight picture, etc.
Pros for the Sig-the grips and texture, and in a metal frame fan. For the Sig-well, I love the hand feel...and 10+1
Iím a lefty-both work well for me

All said-I thought I was gambling a bit to grab one of these so soon...mine is great-very good build quality, and man, did it shoot well. Zero malfunctions is a great start
Welcome to the forum MikeC. How do the triggers compare and is the EVO worth the extra money ?
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum MikeC, nice range report. How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #7

Great news Mike, let's hope the trend continues. Congratulations on being the first documented EVO owner!!! Remember to post up the pics with your next range report :-)
Chuck43 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #8

MikeC, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Congrats on the EVO.

Good Guys: (1) Bad Pistols: (0)

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #9

Nice report. I look forward to EVO buyers confirming my hunch that the EVO will be a home run for Kimber outside of their 1911 platform. We'll see...
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #10

Cool that Kimber decided to use the same magazines as the Micro 9. Saves on tooling, and makes it more convenient for users.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote