Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > EVO

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By drh
  • 4 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
drh

Evo Grip Options

I just picked up my Evo SP CS last weekend. I decided to carry it for a few hours before taking it to the range to see how it carried. I carry OWB on my hip, usually in a leather holster. What i noticed is because the grip on the CS is so aggressive, it scratched my skin up pretty good making me realize i am going to have to find a less aggressive set of grips, a different holster or wear a T-shirt under all my shirts. looking for ideas from other Kimber owners.
RustyIron likes this.
drh is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-27-2019, 12:19 AM   #2

That's funny you'd ask. Recently I started carrying a Sig P365. The grip is like a cheese grater on my skin. It isn't really stippled, but under magnification, it appears that the finish is sprayed on. The particles are sharp and coarse, like a sheet of garnet paper.

Most of the posers on the Sig forum puff out their chests and harrumph about needing to man up. Well, any of us could take that position if we were wearing a support girdle to protect us. Some guys use one of those slip-on rubber grips.

On my gun, I took a fine diamond file to the rough surfaces. It's barely noticeable to the naked eye, but under magnification, the sharp pointed mountains on the grip are now flat topped plateaus.

Look at your grips under magnification to spot the problem. Be conservative on your modifications. And if you wreck the grips, so what? You were looking to buy a new pair anyway.
Tejun, trident, 427malibu and 1 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
drh

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
That's funny you'd ask. Recently I started carrying a Sig P365. The grip is like a cheese grater on my skin. It isn't really stippled, but under magnification, it appears that the finish is sprayed on. The particles are sharp and coarse, like a sheet of garnet paper.

Most of the posers on the Sig forum puff out their chests and harrumph about needing to man up. Well, any of us could take that position if we were wearing a support girdle to protect us. Some guys use one of those slip-on rubber grips.

On my gun, I took a fine diamond file to the rough surfaces. It's barely noticeable to the naked eye, but under magnification, the sharp pointed mountains on the grip are now flat topped plateaus.

Look at your grips under magnification to spot the problem. Be conservative on your modifications. And if you wreck the grips, so what? You were looking to buy a new pair anyway.
I also have a P365. This is easy for all of my polymer guns. I have the Rubber black Talon Grip on each of them but not available for the Evo.
drh is offline   Reply With Quote